Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,288   Online: 1020

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the group shot :-)
    Nice shot, John. Thank you.
    This meet-up was an opportunity to catch up with people photography (for some reason I cannot call it street photography) that I have not done in a very long time. I was talking to Mike and he mentioned he tried shooting every person he came across in the park. I think this is a very good exercise at least for me because I was always too shy to take pictures of people. Thanks David for organizing.
    Here are few shots that meant something to me in terms of overcoming the above issue.
    This is the 35mm format shot with Canon FTB + 24mm and 85mm:

Bonding

Solitude:

Mike Wilde:

I still have to develop the 120 from my Hasselblad. Cheers
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's a cute series there, and a super portrait of Mike.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geeze you guys are quick. The best I can say is that the truck was unpacked and camera bags unloaded by Monday noon. Last night I managed to at least load all the films onto reels/holders. Then I got caught up on printing the 6 head shots that I shot on the 15th.

Oh, and I did get the hardwood flooring installed on half the ground floor of my house, which was the big accomplishment of this past long week end.

Thanks for the nice time socializing with all.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Loving the group shot! Also I sit now at my desk, enjoying a morning tea in my new APUG mug.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I processed my B&W from the outing last night. The 4x5 shots on expired 1974 plus x shot at ei 3 (and shot handheld, none the less!) souped up quite well. One was of Stefan setting up his monster to image the Haida.

The 'beach' photography shots of the young ladies doing the runs off of the swimming pier into the bay look good at the negative stage as well. Make me think I should try to accelerate the colour stuff I shot there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are the first attempt for me to 'manage' attachments in a post. It might be better termed 'mangle' an attachment if you follow my less than perfect typing style to it's visual conclusion. I have no idea how to title each image inline with the image.

The first image is a whack of polyethelene duct banded together ready for a subteranean bore pull in. 24mm lens, 35mm, 1/60 or so shutter speed. The camera was set to timer, tripod head adjusted to about the right angle, and then the camera was hoisted above the fence after the count down timer was initiated. Panatomic X at EI 25 in D76.

D-76 for all of these was mixed from a half gallon worth metal can bought at an estate sale with an expiry code I think is decoded to Oct 1976. I love that old metal packaging. The chemistry is entirely like new. Too bad they don't make 'em like they used to.

The second image is a prow shot of the tribal class destroyer museum ship hmcs Haida.
    The third image is Stefan Rose setting up his 8x20" view camera to take a colour transparency image of the same ship.

both 2 and 3 were taken with 135mm lens 4x5 Crown Graphic 1/30" or so shuter speed, hand held. Plus X Pan film, expired dated 1974, exposed at EI 3 in D76.

The fourth and fifth images are some engaged 'street' type images of some young ladies making a video with their digi-thing for youtube posting of their first dip into Hamilton Harbour for the year, at the Pier Four Park.

both 4 and 5 images were taken with a 80mm lens 6x6cm 120 roll film Ansco Speedex R folder (clone to Agfa Isolette III) 1/50 f/8 hand held. Delta 100 film at EI100 in D76.

It looks like from this and other images on this second film I have put though this old folding camera since being gifted it via David William White back at the end of 2010 are ready to be called sucessful.
    I ahve restored this camera from being dead in so many ways, and I have just about hunted down all of the light leaks in the bellows. Hurray. Just the leather case to resitch with new waxed cottin, and it will be as functional as it ever was.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails apug hamilton harbour walk may 21 2011 5.jpg   apug hamilton harbour walk may 21 2011 4.jpg   apug hamilton harbour walk may 21 2011 3.jpg   apug hamilton harbour walk may 21 2011 2.jpg   apug hamilton harbour walk may 21 2011 1.jpg  

Last edited by Mike Wilde; 05-25-2011 at 08:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Those are super, especially the fun people pictures. If you've got more, post them when you can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I picked up my stereo slides and I'm about to mount them. Next get together I can bring some along. Here's one of Stefan with his 8x20, one half of a stereo slide...tired Elite Chrome...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stefan.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David, that must be awesome in 3D; can't wait to see it stereo. When I get home I will post a funny picture that I took in Hamilton on my way to the meeting. I used a beat-up Nikon F that I always carry in my car but have not taken out during our photo-shoot. The picture will come with a story.. stay tuned
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Finally got my film scanned and uploaded....

Whole Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/axle814...7626747162333/

Pentax 645 - GP3

Pentax 645 - GP3

Pentax 645 - TXP

Nikon FM2 - E100GX

Nikon FM2 - E100GX

Nikon FM2 - Retro 100

Nikon FM2 - Retro 100
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin