Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,051   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Second Shooting Meet - May 21 - Hamilton Harbour

Following Axle and CGW's lead, our second spring film meetup will be at Hamilton Harbour on Saturday, May 21st at 1pm.

There's parkland, sailboats, and docks. And a retired navy frigate we can board with our cameras.

(As the later afternoon light becomes sweeter, we can visit the Royal Botanical Gardens nearby, if anyone is interested and still has some colour film left.)

Co-ordinates are (43.277, -79.860). From Hamilton centre, take Bay N or James N to the water, following signs for "Parks Canada Discovery Centre" and "HCMS Haida". We can meet in front of the Williams Coffee Pub. Plenty of free parking right there.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...24869&t=h&z=16

I'll have free CafePress APUG mugs for those members that show up. The first six, anyway.

This is informal, open to anyone, so bring your friends, better halves, etc.

Look forward to seeing you there!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David William White; 04-08-2011 at 07:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, if you are coming from Mississauga or Toronto and need to pick up some film, paper, or chemistry, the best place to stop is Burlington Camera, here: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.016694&z=16

The chems & paper, as well as new & used darkroom stuff is downstairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds great!! Will do my best to attend! (May have to miss the first one; I'm in a production of My Fair Lady and may have a full day rehearsal that day).

John
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David, thanks for organizing the event. Got this marked on the calendar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is in my calendar. Now to see if any family committments come up to conflict.

Oh, and as to Dave's plug for Burlington Camera, really, if you have never stopped in you are in a for a treat. When I run out of stuff photographic, they are my first go to place.

When I am passing by mid day on the way back from a meeting , or whatever, it is a frequent place to call on.
    Frequently Joan or Brian have some expired paper or film stashed away bought as part of an estate purchase that they knows someone will be interested in.
    It is always worth asking, if you don't see what you want.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sadly won't be able to attend this meet as I'll be burning through film down in Watkin's Glen, NY. But yet, Burlington Camera is a great store, plus one of the few in the area that has Pentax 645 gear :P
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeadows View Post
    I'm in a production of My Fair Lady and may have a full day rehearsal that day.
    Ah the joys of community theatre. Which company is staging this production, John?

I am usually involved in a few musicals at least backstage working on lighting every year, and my wife more than that.

I just finished installing a refurbished 96 channel dimmer rack into a high school theatre we work out of that we bought out of an idled City TV newsroom for a very good price It took me and others 6 thursdays in a row, and a full Saturday to bring back into service in a form to meet our needs. Others in the lighting crew installed more circuits to the lighting pipes to bring our rig up to something like more than 200 channels. Then another 4 nights to hang the lighting rig for the current production 'Urinetown'.

The company is Etobicoke Musical Productions, a west end musical company I have worked with for over 20 years.

If this is your first musical, and are still otherwise working some sort of a 9-5 job, you will soon learn why the week of rehersals before the show opens is called 'Hell Week' by many.

Hope you have a great time, both in rehearsals and with the performances.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Saturday May 21st, 1pm.

Just a bump for those at the west end of the lake...but everyone welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by David William White View Post
    Following Axle and CGW's lead, our second spring film meetup will be at Hamilton Harbour on Saturday, May 21st at 1pm.

There's parkland, sailboats, and docks. And a retired navy frigate we can board with our cameras.

(As the later afternoon light becomes sweeter, we can visit the Royal Botanical Gardens nearby, if anyone is interested and still has some colour film left.)

Co-ordinates are (43.277, -79.860). From Hamilton centre, take Bay N or James N to the water, following signs for "Parks Canada Discovery Centre" and "HCMS Haida". We can meet in front of the Williams Coffee Pub. Plenty of free parking right there.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...24869&t=h&z=16

I'll have free CafePress APUG mugs for those members that show up. The first six, anyway.

This is informal, open to anyone, so bring your friends, better halves, etc.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me in on this one!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Put me down as a maybe, I can't plan that far ahead.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin