Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,587   Online: 915

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

PHSC Swap Meet--"The Big One" May 15, 2011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yes, I will be at this!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I put all sort of gear that was 'surplus to my needs' out in the garage attic over Christmas, and booked a table at this show to try to sell it off.

I have not needed to fish anything out of that garage stash in that last 4 months. In fact have accrued a bunch of other gear in a box in the basement to add to it.

Last night I pulled all the boxes out to start to organize them, and price the stuff. I have quite a big night or two's work to get ready for Sunday morning.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll be there, hanging around Mike's table, getting rid of some of my old junk as well.

Need to go hunting for some Forte PolyWarmTone paper...
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to uncharacteristic restraint, I'll take a pass. My kits are the way I want 'em and I don't need to visit the "Film Guy" whose stuff was thinning out anyway--at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm looking for FD and Minolta Lenses, or whatever else catches my eye (read, RVP)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a firm maybe for me, I have to work the Oakville Camera Club's booth from 2-5 PM at the Henry's Show. For now I'm good for equipment (famous last words).
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex, I interpret the RVP reference as Velvia.

If so, I have 5 rolls of 35mm Velvia 50 and also a couple of rolls of 35mm Kodak Ektachome 100VS. In my freezer for quite a few years/but I think less than a decade. I find I am not a huge saturated colour fan so it does not get used by me often. Say $4 per roll?

I also think I have 3 rolls of 220 Velvia 100. Say $6 per roll?

Let me know what you are keen on, and I will work at remebering to dig it out and bring it. I am flexible on price if you agree to take a wack of other stuff I am working on offloading.

I presently find that I have a hard time listening to the little voice in my head wanting to buy more gear when the rest of me is running out of room to gracefully tuck away what I have already.

I was not planning to drag this floor standing enlarger to the swap meet, but it is available to move on:

A Durst Laborator 138 5x7" enlarger with 5x7 condensors, functional bulb and multiformat maskable glass neg carrier. There are a couple of (Schneider I think) lenses to cover 5x7 and (I think) 6x7, or maybe quarter plate.

It comes apart to be feasibly transported, but it is a bit much to take just on speculation of a sale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Alex, I interpret the RVP reference as Velvia.
    If so, I have 5 rolls of 35mm Velvia 50 and also a couple of rolls of 35mm Kodak Ektachome 100VS. In my freezer for quite a few years/but I think less than a decade. I find I am not a huge saturated colour fan so it does not get used by me often. Say $4 per roll?
    You would be correct, and consider it a deal. I'll take the Velvia and E100VS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to all who stopped by the Wilde/White table. We had a nice time saying hello. The show certianly had a good turn out. A great rainy day must have meant few were out shooting, and came to the show instead?

The sale also went very well for me, in terms of a great reduction of the things I was trying to move on that were surplus to my needs. In the last hour both of the enlargers on offer were sold; yes!

I went to the show with 8 plus copy paper boxes full of gear, and came home with 3 (plus a huge box of monster flash bulbs that I bought, and partially resold within 10 minutes of buying them so that the net to me on them was only $10)

I am already thinking of what I should be working on working though with an eye to doing this show again next year.

Having some space to start to move in my photo gear storage area is already kind of nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin