Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,510   Online: 783

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Old Kodak Footage Shows the Making of Medium Format Films

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This really shows how Kodak, with those monstrously sized machines needs high volume to make film economically. I can see it being difficult for any successor organization to continue with the brand, remade as a niche manufacturer, as did Ilford.

I wonder how different the machinery is the today, or if it has soldiered on.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not exactly basement or garage sized stuff!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Didn't see PE in there... I think he was finishing school and getting prepared to work for NASA at this point. Thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Shoot it now while you still have the chance!" the closing words to the viewer, quite relevant today. Great vid, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Part of the documentary shows workers unloading silver bars from a Canadian Pacific boxcar so I was wondering if the film was made at Kodak Canada but I couldn't tell from the aerial view of the complex whether or not that was Eglinton and Black Creek Dr. Anybody know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is an old film that has been posted on APUG about 1 year ago by Marco IIRC.

It is quite old, but gives the gist of things.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin