Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,244   Online: 867

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Darkroom equipment sources

Are there any places in Toronto to source Darkroom equipment?
    I've started to build my darkroom
    The sources in Hong Kong are scarce and difficult to deal with.
    I'm hoping that my home home, Toronto, might have better resources for me.
    Thanks.
    Biggest on the list is a black and white light source (preferably a diffusor) for a Beseler 45MX

Shooter
    35mm

KHB Photographix

These are who I use in Australia, although they are in Mississauga.....good luck they have been great with me down under.....cheers, sam

http://www.khbphotografix.com/
    Last edited by samcomet; 06-16-2011 at 10:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: forgot the URL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 for KHB - I bought few enlarger lenses from them. Friendly and very knowledgeable.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Can't say enough good about KHB..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Medium Format

2 complete darkrooms for sale

Hello: I live in Oakville, about 20 minutes from Toronto, and have 2 complete darkrooms for sale (4x5 enlarger (2), lenses, 2 - sink (6 feet), 2 - stand, trays (8x10, 11x14 & 16x20), easels (Saunders 4 blade), light box, film developing tanks (120 and 4x5), everything you need to set up and starting working immediately). I also have some paper (refrigerated) and books. Leave me a message if you are interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    and another for KHB.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also if you're looking for another source, Burlington Camera, their basement is almost all dedicated to Darkroom equipment and supplies. http://www.burlingtoncamera.com/
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I find KHB is terrible because of extremely high prices and awful customer service. Each time I have gotten stuff from them I have been let down on a number of levels. The last and worst example was when I called them about a manual for a late model Beseler CB7. I told them that I was specifically looking for detailed information on alignment. I have had this enlarger since I was 18 or so which means I have had it for around 40 years. It has been shipped a number of times when I moved. They told me that they did indeed have a manual for the enlarger and it did have detailed info on alignment. Bought the manual. When it arrived, it had nothing about alignment except for a phrase in it that said I should purchase the extra technical manual to do the alignment. I called them and they told me that I should have looked at the manual before I bought it! Huh? OK, it was only twelve bucks. So I asked if they could do the alignment. They said yes, they could, it would cost a minimum of $250, more likely $500. I asked them how they know how to align the machine. They told me they had a manual. I asked if I could buy the manual since that was what I wanted in the first place. They said no. They wanted me to bring the enlarger to them and then take it back And that's when things go out of alignment. This is typical of their service and their attitude. I will NEVER buy anything from them again and would recommend nobody does either. Better to wait for something to come up on Craigslist or on forums like this and Large Format Photography, even eBay.

I now this is a long diatribe abut what might seem like a trivial matter, but it was the last straw of many.
    Marek Warunkiewicz

Shooter
    35mm

KHB - Questionable Customer Service

I second Marek...
    I had an episode where I went to them for a few items and the employees were saying unmentionalble things about their bosses behind their backs. Hmmm...
    I brought in a flash pack for repair and they ended up using it for parts and never contacted me and they were not apologetic at all when I called them about it.
    I have heard other stories that would fry your mind.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Business couldn't be that good! Don't recall seeing rent-a-cops directing customer traffic around the place...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin