Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1122

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cruise Nite June 25: Cars, Cars, Cars! ( Tentative)

Something different for the Toronto/GTA APUG crew. The Street Classics Car Club hosts one of the biggest cruise nites in the GTA at Canadian Tire on the Queensway in Etobicoke. These run every Saturday nite during the summer. Next Saturday coincides with the GTA and Golden Horseshoe Mustang Club's annual stampede. Both clubs will be at this cruise, so there will be no shortage of cars to shoot.

The selection varies each week but nearly all categories are there: 60s-70s muscle cars, restored classics, imports, old school hot rods, street rods, bikes, etc.

Since we're near the solstice, light is usually good till at least 7:30pm. There are bright spots around the parking lot that last even longer. The cars are parked tightly, so don't count on whole car shots. You can get great close shots of chrome, engines, grills, hood ornaments, and paint jobs. A tripod and a polarizer will be useful, along with lenses that can focus fairly close. I shoot colour but probably shoot even more b&w at these meets.

Chat the owners up a bit and you can usually get doors and hoods opened for a better shot. Most think film is cool.

Time: 5pm--?

We can meet at the KFC/Taco Bell on the Queensway in front of Canadian Tire, park, walk around. and possibly meet-up again later.

PM me with any questions. NOTE: No one will show if the weather looks rainy. There's lots of summer left, so we can reschedule if the weather sucks or if the date doesn't work.

CGW

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Any takers? If not by, say, June 23, I'll assume it's not on. Perhaps Harry has something planned?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Would love to go, but I will be in Ottawa that day :-(
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMeadows View Post
    Would love to go, but I will be in Ottawa that day :-(
    No worries. It's short notice. Will reschedule if folks are interested.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Again, love to go, but sadly already have plans that night.
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Since there are no takers, I'm pulling the plug on this APUG Toronto/GTA outing for this weekend. Assuming people are vacationing or busy, perhaps we can try again in a few weeks. I'd really like to keep these meet-ups going over the summer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin