Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,926   Online: 866

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I was supposed to set something up in Elora but have yet to put out the call. Just too busy... sorry again.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No worries, Harry. There's lots of summer left after this weekend. I'm still willing to set-up something in the west-end of the GTA next month or whenever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Try Montreal if you want to be even more depressed. There's essentially zero photography here, let alone analog. Not even any half decent galleries. It's probably most dead large North American city for photography.
    I was in Montreal last year in October and found a wonderful camera shop in Old Montreal called Photo Service, and they had film that I had a hard time finding in Ontario.

Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a shame. It was the go-to place for photo students at OCAD.

Their colour processor broke not too long ago and they are not going to invest in its' repair due to the fact that they are closing. It was cheap, only $2 for a roll of 135. Alot of students like us will now be out of a place to process C-41.

This will hopefully strengthen the case now to introduce hand colour processing at my school, not just B&W. The profs there have shyed away from it citing it was too dangerous and difficult when it really isn't.

So what's left of C-41 in the GTA? I think Downtown Camera still does C-41 but is more expensive. Henrys might, but I haven't checked (I think they send their stuff out), and maybe a few pro labs (again expensive) and minilabs which are quickly being phased out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    West Camera, Toronto Image Works, a lab in Dragon City Mall ( I think) in Chinatown on Spadina, (can't remember the name but it's second floor close to entrance opposite Sullivan St)...

Shooter
    35mm

The word is Hewes, Hewes is the word.

Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Once Canada Post returns, I've gotta get going on big auction site shopping for some SS tanks and reels for B&W developing. I'll just have to suck it up, though, for C-41 and E6. Think I've shopped at Burlington 2-3 times in the last 10 years. It's not that close and I'm downtown fairly often. Film resources in Mississauga suck.
    Get SS tanks wherever you want, they'll all leak , but for reels you should spring for a couple heavy version Hewes. I bought two based on how people here were rhapsodizing about them. They blow my Nikors away; how easy they load, how they feel in the hand, even how they look. See if Freestyle has some or pony up at a local shop. You'll be convinced.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by little-infinity View Post
    What a shame. It was the go-to place for photo students at OCAD.

Their colour processor broke not too long ago and they are not going to invest in its' repair due to the fact that they are closing. It was cheap, only $2 for a roll of 135. Alot of students like us will now be out of a place to process C-41.

This will hopefully strengthen the case now to introduce hand colour processing at my school, not just B&W. The profs there have shyed away from it citing it was too dangerous and difficult when it really isn't.

So what's left of C-41 in the GTA? I think Downtown Camera still does C-41 but is more expensive. Henrys might, but I haven't checked (I think they send their stuff out), and maybe a few pro labs (again expensive) and minilabs which are quickly being phased out.
    Around Mississauga/Brampton, the Loblaws Superstores(e.g., Brampton, Erin Mills and Winston Churchill)are still running their Frontier labs. The Ertin Mills lab will process 120 C-41 but bring your own sleeves.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    Get SS tanks wherever you want, they'll all leak , but for reels you should spring for a couple heavy version Hewes. I bought two based on how people here were rhapsodizing about them. They blow my Nikors away; how easy they load, how they feel in the hand, even how they look. See if Freestyle has some or pony up at a local shop. You'll be convinced.
    Thanks. I'm looking around for Hewes reels but may just pop for mail order to the States with the C$ above par for new ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hewes reels are the cat's ass and WELL worth the expense. truly reels for a lifetime

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin