Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,117   Online: 859

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Sanjay Sen passing

I would like to inform all the people who knew him, even through the internet, that Sanjay Sen tragically passed yesterday June 3rd in a motorcycle accident at the age of 36. The people who had the fortune to know him I am sure remember him for his devotion to animals' and minorities' right, for his photographic work and his committed support for the arts. I just heard today about this tragic loss and only now it's finally sinking in.
    This has been a sad day, my heart is heavy for the untimely death of a dear person who had already given a lot and still had so much to give.
    Thank you, Sanjay.
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm very sorry to hear this. He will be missed.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    RIP
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How unfortunate. Blessings for his soul and peace to his family.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Large Format
    RIP, Sanjay.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Condolences to his family.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, this is truly tragic news. I will miss his (sometimes acerbic) wit. He was a great contributor to this forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh my goodness! I had many fine conversations with Sanjay and he was always very encouraging to me. I don't even know what to say. I am deeply saddened by this. I had always hoped to meet him in person. He was a wonderful man.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I received the following note from Sanjay's wife, Urjasi Rudra. If anyone local knew him well, she would love to hear from you, particularly if you may be able to arrange a small showing of his work in the future. Sanjay was a fine man, and I admired him greatly. He deserves some small recognition in his passing, and it would bring healing to his wife. I don't know if she has access to his APUG account, but you could PM me or contact her via facebook.

Regards,
    Tom

Tom, thank you for the note and for dedicating the photograph. His FB is open on his laptop, so I could post from there. Are you a member of APUG? I wanted his friends in the photography community to know.

I can't go through all his things yet, but I have to. I always admired his work and felt that he should exhibit some. He, being shy and full of humility, told me they are not that good. I disagreed. In the next few months, I would like to look into the possibility of showing his work. I don't know how to go about it, but will ask around and figure out. If that has any financial implications, any money that comes in can go to the causes he worked for. It will probably be a better memorial than anything religious.

I will be in touch for anything photography related. If there were certain photographers he admired and interacted with a lot on forums etc. whom you know about, please let me know.

He was much more than my husband. He was my best friend, my soul mate, my family, and my center.

Best,

Urjasi
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh... how very sad. Condolences to his family.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin