Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,680   Online: 700

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lee Carmichael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Lee Carmichael

I received this message earlier..... those of us who have been around APUG for a while are very familiar with Lee. He was such a great guy and will be sorely missed.

It is with great sadness that I pass along to all of you the news of the passing yesterday morning of my friend and husband, Lee Carmichael. Lee was a loving and cherished husband, a proud and understanding father, a patient and devoted son and a true and loyal friend to many of you. He had been facing with courage and good grace the challenges of coping with his medical issues. His unexpected passing is so painful for all of us, but we find comfort in the fact that he has been spared the suffering that awaited him and that he was willing to endure in order to be here for us. His funeral arrangements should be completed today at Mt. Olivet Funeral Home in Fort Worth. We appreciate the kind words and actions of the friends and family that have contacted us upon hearing of his passing. Those gestures mean so much to those of us who are left behind to cherish his memory. Thank you - Carol, Jennifer and Jeff.
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is profoundly sad. Lee was a very valued member of the photographic community, and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about him. May he rest in peace.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Lee was a dedicated participant in print exchanges and a member of the APUG Member Council, and a fine photographer. I think he'll be best remembered for his cowboy portraits, and on the forum we'll remember his calm, reasoned voice. I will miss him.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    thanks for posting this val.
    lee was such a nice guy.
    my condolences to his family and friends.

john
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will miss him much, althought our contact was less frequent lately, I missed chatting with him more often than I was able to do it.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My condolences to friends and family.

For those who, like me, weren't sure which "Lee" this refers to, I believe his APUG user name was "lee".

He hasn't been active much recently on APUG, but I certainly remember his posts from earlier.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few years back I was fortunate enough to visit Texas to attend a darkroom workshop in Lee's darkroom with Les McLean. Meeting and knowing Lee has enriched my life. I will miss him.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My goodness, what a shock. We all had such great times in the chat room and then in Fort Worth when visiting.

My regards to his family.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Such sad news, condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee....I will miss you...your gentleness, your dry sense of humour, your keen eye in photography, your love of music. Rest in peace, my friend.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin