Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,012   Online: 706

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I'm looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new one's for the first time. A safe journey to all.
    Me too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wish I could be there. To the extent that it's appropriate, please do post a photo of the gathering.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Keith, it was a beautiful and sad memorial. Someone was taking a lot of photos, which I imagine will appear somewhere.
    I didn't feel right taking pictures at the memorial but as I walked to the building these clouds were above it. Somehow they seemed appropriate.
    Attached Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rorye View Post
    Keith, it was a beautiful and sad memorial. Someone was taking a lot of photos, which I imagine will appear somewhere.
    I didn't feel right taking pictures at the memorial but as I walked to the building these clouds were above it. Somehow they seemed appropriate.
    Beautiful image! I am sure Per would love it.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, that is a very nice image. Many images were taken at Per's service and Chinese TV was present filming. We each have our own thoughts about this and I was just glad to be there with everyone. Per was very much involved with the Chinese community and I expect that the video will be shown for those in China who were unable to attend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thinking of you on your birthday, Per.
    You are so greatly missed, here and elsewhere... by those who knew you in person, and those like me who only knew you by your web presence. You were a great photographer, a wealth of information and a mentor to many.
    Raising a glass to you on your day, friend.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll hoist a little tipple in his memory, after finishing hanging a show (the opening is Friday). Can't think of a better way to remember him than to keep on making photographs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm speechless and in deep thought. Gone is man who had boundless enthusiasm for the craft. I made my first platinum print with him sitting by my side. At the funeral service there wasn't an empty seat. I felt privileged to attend. Matt, Jim, and others can say it better than I. The minute I walked through the door I felt right at home in his house.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Woke up this morning and thought of Per. Up in the dark December sky a star sparkles and I see him smiling and I recall his sage advice that helped me along my journey. A rare individual I was lucky to have known.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays too.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Curt
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin