Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,518   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

True IR film from Ilford

Hello, a few weeks ago as part of the thread on Fotokemika's demise (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...okemika-6.html) Simon Galley said that he would look in to the feasibility of a true IR film being made by Ilford.

Is there any word on this? I am sure I am not alone when I say that the thought of having a true IR film, made with the high standards and QC that is inherent in all Ilford products would be really exciting. I know the chances of this are slim but would like to say that you would have a ready buyer in me and i'm sure many people here on APUG.

Any news would be appreciated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nothing to add, except +1 from me, especially now that Efke IR820/Aura is going to be gone very soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I for one would like see Ilford do this!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +2 or +3 or whatever. I'd always meant to get around to doing some IR but hadn't - then the Efke news hit. I've stocked up on IR820 but "stock up" means probably just enough to start getting the hang of it. I bet Ilford could make a film that's more sensitive too, more like HIE than IR820. That would be great. As soon as existing stock of IR820 dry up, including the additional shipment Freestyle expects, the Rollei will be the only IR film available, and it isn't that much different from the Ilford SFX. (But it is available in sheets, albeit reportedly annoyingly thin hard to deal with sheets.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just going to throw my two cents in here and say that I too would love to see Ilford release a "true" IR film. I can't speak for others, but if a high-quality, true-IR film were available new I'd even be willing to fork over $20 a roll for it if I had to - heck, people are already paying more than that for long-expired HIE!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep. I just bought 10 rolls of 120 IR820 at $14.49 per roll. If I could get something more like HIE with Ilford quality, $20 would be acceptable.

In all honesty I'd probably only buy maybe 5-10 rolls a year, or maybe a 50 sheet box of 4x5, if available, every couple of years, but I think I'd buy that much.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My wife would leave me for Simon Galley if Ilford made a IR film that was like Kodaks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gibson View Post
    Just going to throw my two cents in here and say that I too would love to see Ilford release a "true" IR film. I can't speak for others, but if a high-quality, true-IR film were available new I'd even be willing to fork over $20 a roll for it if I had to - heck, people are already paying more than that for long-expired HIE!
    +1. I, too, would love the opportunity to shoot some real IR. While SFX is unique in its own way, it just does not give me quite image I am looking for. Given Ilford's quality, I would have no objection to paying a premium for it. Simon G, anything further on the issue to share with us?

Shooter
    35mm
    I would also buy it if it was true IR (native blue sensitivity and IR dye, not panchromatic wit a bit of NIR thrown in for good measure). We have semi-IR solutions from Rollei and Ilford already. It should be easier to make the emulsion adsorb just the IR sensitizing dye instead of all the dyes needed for PAN and also some dye for IR.
    This would also derail my plan to standardize on Acros/Delta 100 and Rollei IR, but I'm willing to live with that

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    My wife would leave me for Simon Galley if Ilford made a IR film that was like Kodaks.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin