Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,425   Online: 811

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 Titan?

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

8x10 Titan?

I was hoping to have the 8x10 Titan pinhole on my Christmas wish list. Is the release being held up because of problems with the direct positive paper?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Sly,

We await the 10x8 TiTAN as eagerley as you ! Sorry Santa will not have one in time. We have always said December was best date for first deliveries.

We do not have 'problems' with DIRECT POSITIVE, we have problems only with RC, FB is in full stock.

Regards

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology limited :

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon.

Good to hear about the fibre direct positive. I've played with it a bit to print old lantern slides. Look forward to trying it in my Titan. Can I have the first one in Canada?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    creep! lol

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    No I asked first... but in true Canadian spirit I will allow the first one to go to you Sly
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Thanks Simon.

Good to hear about the fibre direct positive. I've played with it a bit to print old lantern slides. Look forward to trying it in my Titan. Can I have the first one in Canada?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ...we have problems only with RC, FB is in full stock...
    Simon, I've reviewed all potentially relevant forum categories as well as your posts from the last couple of months, but can't find any reference to this. What "problems" are you having with RC? Thanks in advance for clarifying.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    No I asked first... but in true Canadian spirit I will allow the first one to go to you Sly
    Hey, if you've got first dibs, I'm OK with that. How about they send them both at the same time? You'll get yours first because you are 3 times zones to the east!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Sal,

The same emulsion ( except for final preparation and other 'adjustments' ) is coated on FB base and RC Base, the last RC coating in total was 'lost' due to an issue that caused it to fail the QC test as out of its performance parameters. We have since coated FB without any QC issue. Work continues to find a solution for RC.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Images
    Darn Canadians. Too polite for your own good. Would a hokey player roll over and say, no no you were at the goal first go ahead and shoot I won't block you. Come on Sly I want to see a good body check. Stand up for what is yours.

My grandfather-in-law told me once, "Canadians are polite until we watch hockey." He was 90 years old and yelling at the TV during the Stanley cup.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ...the last RC coating in total was 'lost' due to an issue that caused it to fail the QC test as out of its performance parameters...Work continues to find a solution for RC...
    How unfortunate for HARMAN, but how wonderful for us that, unlike certain other sensitized product manufacturers, you scrapped the out-of-tolerance run rather than shipping it to customers. Here's hoping you find an inexpensive, effective solution soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin