Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,944   Posts: 1,557,718   Online: 1247

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello Ilford! What is this Print Processor?

I've got the opportunity to rescue an Ilford Print Processor which is making its way to the tip.

It looks like this:

and here's a second one

Assuming it works, does anyone know what it is and whether it's worth salvaging? I'm assuming it's a more commercial tool rather than something for low output as I do but it would go in the communal darkroom that myself and a couple of friends are currently putting together.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Welly,

Its either an ILFOSPEED 2001 processor or a 2240 processor ( later model ) they cost £ 15,000 + 20 years ago!

We make the chemicals for it, they were high capacity RC processors, some had roll attachments but I do not think yours has.

They were massively over-engineered and incredibly robust.

Question is would you have the throuput to keep the chemistry on song and would it be economic to run ?

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    No idea where you are, Welly but if the three of you don't do enough printing to make it economical you could always offer to do printing for a local lab that has to subject its customers to non-neutral RA4 prints from trad or chromogenic B&W negs or give others a chance to join your group.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Simon! We've decided to pass on it. I think it's overkill for what we'll ever use it for and certainly we don't have the resources to fill it with chemicals

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    smart move. you're better off this way.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there, I used to use one of these and would very much like to own one!!!, I can pretty well fix anything on this machine, who know it may be my old machine !!, I am in the usa but I am shipping a large container over here this year, do you want to sell it !!??

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin