Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,320   Online: 999

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First off Simon, thank you for such an extensive response. I think we can all agree that you and by extension Ilford are by far the most open and responsive company in the industry. I can't express how grateful we all are for this. And it's very enlightening to learn that the unfeasibility of both 220 and IR seem to be due to ongoing costs and not just initial expenses.

Secondly, as Stone points out above is a more transparent or group oriented approach to special orders and runs of existing products doable? I for one would love to be able to order Ortho+ in 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Let's all realize, Simon is walking a tight rope here by being on a public forum and discussing business of Ilford. On one hand, he wants to please his customers but on the other, he must keep certain aspect (most?) of business strategies from us and more importantly, from his competitors. His whole point seems to be, keeping film business alive and profitable is not as easy as we tend to think.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alarickc View Post
    Secondly, as Stone points out above is a more transparent or group oriented approach to special orders and runs of existing products doable? I for one would love to be able to order Ortho+ in 120.
    Were you aware of this request form on the IlfordPhoto website?

Ilford New Product Request Page

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post

Ken
    I am, though I doubt I would be able to meet any sort of minimum order. At best I'd be able to buy a hundred bucks or so worth. What I'm requesting is the ability to see what the theoretical minimum order is, and then for however many people would be interested in it to prepay for a certain number of rolls. If the minimum is met in say three months or so the order goes through. If it's not met the money is refunded and it doesn't happen. I guess what I would like is the special order system to allow for decentralized group purchases.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post

Ken
    Thanks Ken, yes I've seen this, but again it's not the same as a graph of % to goal of orders of x film... One could create an order if it didn't exist, and then others could tag onto it...

So say there's already a request for 4x5 PanF+ on the site, I go there and see that, I say, "man I want some too, oh look they are 43% to there goal, I'll order $200 worth, I hope they make their goal!" then I'm thinking "man I'd love some PanF+ in 70mm as well, but it's not a requested option, I'll create one, I hope other people jump on this and make orders too!" then ilford looks at the cost of making that, and inputs that into the goal bar and updates that periodically, heck, if it's an up front charge, then you have basically a whole year to reach your goal, and then when the run happens, hopefully you've made the goal and ilford had some extra money sitting in their coffers gaining interest. It's a serious win-win... As another said, if in that year they don't make the goal, the money is refunded but they still get to keep all that interest earned everyone wins!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=tkamiya;1467798]... he must keep certain aspect (most?) of business strategies from us and more importantly, from his competitors. ....

Heh heh, what competitors?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Thanks for the feedback, I will digest and return to the subject.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

Good to hear, we look forward to it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

Your activity here has almost convinced me to de-Kodak.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd buy a true IR Ilford film at $16 a roll for 135 and a lot more of us here would as well I suspect BUT I wouldn't buy anything like enough of it to make it viable. It might be a one or two rolls per year purchase.

pentaxuser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin