Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,716   Online: 759

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ilford Imaging

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Imaging

I was wondering what impact, if any, the the news about Ilford Imaging being insolvent will have on ilford Photo. I realise they are totally separate companies, but Harman are licencing the Ilford Photo name from Ilford Imaging and, presumably, the names FP4 and HP5 and so on.

If Ilford Imaging goes to the wall (owning those names), will we lose these films in the process or will Ilford Photo be able to go on producing them ad infinitum?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    Harman are licencing the Ilford Photo name from Ilford Imaging and, presumably, the names FP4 and HP5 and so on.
    According to their own website, Harman "[acquired the] business, premises and ILFORD PHOTO name from the receivers of the old ILFORD Imaging group"

Nothing about licensing there .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    If Ilford Imaging goes to the wall (owning those names), will we lose these films in the process or will Ilford Photo be able to go on producing them ad infinitum?
    what will stop them to call the same product PF4? I really don't see anything else beyond a name change it such case.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Product names are typically protected trade-names. In such case the use of a name likely to be mixed up with the protected one means asking for a legal case.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    As long as they don't change what the products are, I could care less about what the name of it is. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the other thread started a couple weeks ago about ilford imaging:http://www.apug.org/forums/forum390/...illiquide.html
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    As long as they don't change what the products are, I could care less about what the name of it is. Don
    I would actually welcome a name change, adding + to every film name is kind of annoying but I like to be proper and call it the right name since HP5 and HP5+ are different films...

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Would you prefer Roman Numerals? HP5 I, HP5 II, etc.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    Would you prefer Roman Numerals? HP5 I, HP5 II, etc.
    LOL no I'd prefer if when they improved it they did what they were doing before, changed the number, it should be HP6 and FP5.... duh... lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd like to see an HP6, means that RD on film continues. What would Pan-F become? Pan G?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin