Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,998   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by nevsky187 View Post
    This is the exact same issue, same scratches, being reported across Ilford's entire product line as of about a month ago:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ent-scratches)
    Like AgX has said an update would be helpful. I don't recall seeing any complaints here on APUG at the time and if you look at the LF posts then it seems quite a stretch to claim it is across the whole range of Ilford films and by implication a lot of users are affected. If this were to have been the case then I'd have expected a lot of complaints both here and on another U.K. forum I am a member of

It just seems rather strange that we have heard no more.

So OP what was the outcome?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hello,
    I am another affected user. Bought 24 pcs 120 film last year, and another 20 in May - on each single developed roll the wavy "micro-crack" pattern in the film surface is present. I haven't seen it in prints. My primary concern now would be how this might develop during the long-term storage of developed negatives.
    Cheers
    Przemek

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that a sinosoidal pattern?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pirx70 View Post
    Hello,
    I am another affected user. Bought 24 pcs 120 film last year, and another 20 in May - on each single developed roll the wavy "micro-crack" pattern in the film surface is present. I haven't seen it in prints. My primary concern now would be how this might develop during the long-term storage of developed negatives.
    Cheers
    Przemek
    If you have a concern I'd contact Ilford. Even if these micro-crack patterns don't affect prints I am sure that Ilford will be concerned to determine if it is an Ilford fault.

You deserve an investigation and Ilford deserve the chance to do one.It can't do anything unless it is told

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We are already on their forum, so no reason to expect them not to know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some Delta 400 from 2011 that shows the same thing. It doesn't make a difference in the prints, however, so I don't worry about it.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    We are already on their forum, so no reason to expect them not to know.
    Can you explain? Thanks

pentaxuser

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I meant that I expect someone from Ilford Photo (if not Simon himself) to glance through this/their Ilford forum on a regular base. So they should know about these reports and if interested are able to contact our complaining fellows by themselves to gain further information or samples.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks AgX. I am not sure APUG is in fact Ilford's forum despite Simon's helpful presence here but I do think that it is not his responsibility to pick up every problem that someone asserts is an Ilford product problem.

Just my opinion of course

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This (sub)forum is the Ilford/Harman sub-forum in the Partners' forum on APUG.

So yes, this is Ilford's (sub)forum here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin