Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,119   Online: 1280

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    ...I am not sure APUG is in fact Ilford's forum despite Simon's helpful presence here...
    You are a victim of the confusing terminology used in vBulletin that describes categories as "forums." I suspect AgX was referring to this category/forum, which is titled as follows,

Forum: [Partner] ILFORD PHOTO

rather than all of APUG.

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    ...I do think that it is not his responsibility to pick up every problem that someone asserts is an Ilford product problem...
    I don't know whether it's in his job description or not, but he sure seems to make it his responsibility.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Sal, I refered to this "Partner Forum". And yes, the Apug terminology can be confusing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I have seen this....and once again I have checked with Technical Service, we have no complaints AT ALL recorded regarding this issue, but we did have this discussed last year when we had one last year
    and examined the film.

I have asked Technical service to give me a possible cause and I will post it in due course.

As part of our QC procedures we process and expose and process on average 400 to 600 film samples per week, we have NEVER seen this issue....ever on our samples.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is most peculiar that so often people will complain on forums about alleged film faults, yet will never send the evidence to the manufacturer for analysis.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Dear Simon,

I will most gladly send you the sample. Could you just give me a hint how to go about it and what information you need?

Bests
    Przemek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The problem I had with 120 Delta 400 I had never experienced either.
    I shot a couple hundred rolls of film that year, and was genuinely surprised!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin