Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 839

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited ULF Film

Dear Apug Members,

The ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology ULF announcement for North American customers is at :

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...?TOPIC_ID=7037

Simon@ILFORDphoto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is great news.

Is there going to be a European distributor?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Simon,

Will I be able to order some 14x17 HP5+ from a dealer here in the UK?

Happy Christmas,

Andrew

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Struan Gray
    This is great news.

Is there going to be a European distributor?
    I did ask this last week in another post, but with no response. I would not buy UK made film from the US and pay postage and import duty.

Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    I agree with Barry.
    I'm in Italy and I have the same question:
    there will be an Italian distributor(???????) for ULF films?
    I really don't want pay extra money for shipping and duties for a trip coast to coast thriugh the Atlantic ocean.
    I hope that an European distributor will be create to fulfil all the demands of Old Continent photographers. It could be simple, realiable and have a very interesting economy save for the "new" Ilford company.
    Hope for good news...
    Buon Natale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Whilst it seems to be worth while for Ilford to make this available in the USA, I cannot see that there is a viable market in the rest of the world.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    Whilst it seems to be worth while for Ilford to make this available in the USA, I cannot see that there is a viable market in the rest of the world.
    I hope you are not right Dave. I don't believe it would be that difficult to hive of a percentage of production and make it available through a European distributor.

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The difficulty would not be in the hiving off, it would be in the distributor selling the stuff.
    If you check the web link given you will see that it is to be made as a single batch against firm orders placed through a small group of USA dealers. The orders must be placed very soon.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This may be an opportunity for Ilford to start selling direct within Europe - that would solve duty and import problems for the EU countries. I doubt that any European distributors would even want to stock ULF for the handful of potential clients that exist.

It would mean that Ilford will have to guesstimate the demand, but I would expect they will cut and package more ULF than they have orders for in any case; there are bound to be people who underestimated their film needs, and new ULFers in need of film. Anyway, all is conjecture until they say what their intent may be...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford could at least survey potential purchasers, as they did in the US. They may be surprised. I would be happy to place a large annual order with a nominated European supplier for 5x12 HP5+

At the current time, Kodak and other make ULF film is cheaper than Ilford's from the US.

Barry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin