Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,547   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    Hunts PhotoVideo has listed on their eBay Store the Ilford ULF film sizes available. I talked to Chris who confirmed that they are participating in the order thru Wynet.
    Thanks, Doug.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Dennis just had a very nice chat with Eric Luden with Harman (Ilford) in the US. He made it clear that Ilford will continue to support the ULF shooter and will publish details about the next special run shortly. They are still working those detail out. Tentatively there will be a month long ordering window with delivery in March. So forget the Jan 15th deadline and stay tuned for details from Simon, most likely in the next week or so.

No ULF shooter will be left behind!

Fred Newman

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think an important question to ask a supplier is whether you'll actually have for sale Ilford ULF film after this initial order. Being new to ULF, I have no idea how much Ilford film I'll be using over the next year. I'd be willing to pay more to a supplier who stocks their freezer with Ilford.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frednewman View Post
    Dennis just had a very nice chat with Eric Luden with Harman (Ilford) in the US. He made it clear that Ilford will continue to support the ULF shooter and will publish details about the next special run shortly. They are still working those detail out. Tentatively there will be a month long ordering window with delivery in March. So forget the Jan 15th deadline and stay tuned for details from Simon, most likely in the next week or so.

No ULF shooter will be left behind!

Fred Newman

And thank you Fred, for following up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    JandC probably has received thousands of emails and attempts to be reached. In response they probably have folded to the response as it would be impossible to answer so many a question. Announcements or updates would have been nice but we don't run the company. We don't run Ilford and when they want us to know something they will tell us. Aren't you grateful they offer film, paper and chemicals? Where else would you go without them, Kodak?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    If you cant get any response from them at all try someone else. Contact Freestyle and see if they can work something out for you, I don't shoot ULF so I have no idea about the film, but they always have 8x10 and down in stock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    We don't run Ilford and when they want us to know something they will tell us. Aren't you grateful they offer film, paper and chemicals? Where else would you go without them, Kodak?
    Forte, Bergger, Gemany, China...

I'm sorry but Ilford are a business, I don't need to be grateful, they are not doing it to help us out, they do it to make a profit.

Fortunately I don't need them any more, I am just very annoyed at the c**p marketing from a company here in the UK.

I have no further comment about J&C.

Barry
    Last edited by BarryWilkinson; 01-05-2007 at 04:44 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe it's just me, but when J&C said they would be incommunicado for two months, I took it to mean they'd be incommunicado for two months. See:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...restocked.html

They were terminating their old call center service, and would be traveling a lot. New orders will be on hold until they reopen.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/...expanding.html

When the move is complete they'll be able to answer your questions.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/...anges-j-c.html

Get over it, people. The world is not at your beck and call every minute of the day. Yes, businesses should try to please their customers. They can do this by keeping you informed. This was done. If you don't want to do the research, don't smear others.

I've seen similar complaints about B&H being closed on Saturdays. "I can't order my film when I want . . . wahhhhhhhhh ! I can't order my new lens when I want . . . wahhhhhhh !"

Plan accordingly, and quit your whining.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The initial post of this thread expressed concern about a lot more than J&C. This is not specifically a thread about J&C and it is not - and should not be - intended to "smear" anybody. Please don't twist this thread into something it isn't.

I simply want to take advantage of an offer advertised by J&C. But there are some other circumstances which are red flags, most notably that the Ilford U.S. distributor, Wynit, Inc. claims no knowledge of the film order. We're not talking about two or three bucks here. My order will be the better part of a thousand dollars. That's a lot of money to me. While there remains a legitimate concern about the means by which the goods will be delivered I'm not about to go committing to an expediture of that size without first researching it. So I AM doing my research. I am not "whining", but asking some very legitimate questions. It would be very helpful if Ilford themselves would make a public statement.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Looks like J&C has an update on their home page regarding this order...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin