Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,816   Online: 850

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_7x View Post
    I have placed my order for 7x11 and 4x10... hoping they both make the cut this year.
    Perhaps a question for Simon - should the underappreciated formats (i.e. 4x10 and 7x11) not receive enough aggregate orders to justify cutting and packaging those sizes, would it be possible to contact the customers who ordered those sizes (through your dealers) to give them a chance to up their orders in hopes of meeting the minimum?

Personally, I ordered a one year supply of 4x10 FP4+. However, if there isn't enough total orders to meet the minimum (but we are close), I may consider doubling my order (FP4+ seems to keep well in the freezer). I could have simply ordered more 4x10 up front, but without knowing in advance if it will actually make the cut (literally), I didn't want to place all my eggs in one basket. Ideally, I'd like to order a year's supply on an annual basis. However, my fear is if we don't quite make the minimum, we'll never get any 4x10 (or whatever format) cut. In other words, I'd be willing to order a two year supply every two years if that iss the only way to get my formats of choice cut and delivered. The problem is, I don't know in advance whether or not my underappreciated formats will meet the minimum quantities and if they don't, how much more it would take to meet those minimums.

Kerry

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just so you know... there are a couple sizes that have never had the prices published... 4x10 is two of them.
    My Ilford/Wynit rep told me those couple sizes would have a day or two extension for the orders.
    Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    Just so you know... there are a couple sizes that have never had the prices published... 4x10 is two of them.
    My Ilford/Wynit rep told me those couple sizes would have a day or two extension for the orders.
    Rob Skeoch
    Rob,

According to Simon's original post, the MSRP for 4x10 FP4+ and HP5+ is $59.98 US. What is missing is the product codes. Since it looks like we aren't going to get these products codes until the 11th hour, it would be nice if Wynit extended the deadline until EOB on Monday.

Kerry

What is the order amount that must be acheived for a format to be cut?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    And just in case anyone missed it, Simon hs posted the 4x10 product codes in another thread. They are:

FP4+ 25 sheets 1151567
    HP5+ 25 sheets 1151578

And he also stated they are willing to extend the deadline on 4x10 orders by about a week. Hopefully, there will be enough total 4x10 orders to get it cut this time.

Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kthalmann View Post
    And just in case anyone missed it, Simon hs posted the 4x10 product codes in another thread. They are:

FP4+ 25 sheets 1151567
    HP5+ 25 sheets 1151578

And he also stated they are willing to extend the deadline on 4x10 orders by about a week. Hopefully, there will be enough total 4x10 orders to get it cut this time.

Kerry
    We placed our order with Wynit this afternoon totaling 150 boxes in 15 different flavors. A few of the sizes (14x17 and 6.5x8.5) Wynit tells me they have in stock!

I want to thank everyone who ordered film, I hope Ilford feels the program is a success.

As far as I know we can still add 4x10 (and maybe other sizes) to the order though next week.

Thanks,

Fred Newman

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frednewman View Post
    We placed our order with Wynit this afternoon totaling 150 boxes in 15 different flavors. A few of the sizes (14x17 and 6.5x8.5) Wynit tells me they have in stock!
    Wow, that's cool - as I was one of the nuts who ordered 14x17. If I would have known Wynit had it in stock, I might have ordered it sooner. Time to go reaarange things in the freezer to make room for those big boxes.

Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Got a call from the View Camera Store this morning saying that Wynit has 7x17" FP4+ IN STOCK NOW and can ship it right away. Of course this means it will be from the last batch, which is good for me, since I'm getting a box from the last batch with my new 7x17" camera. Just thought I'd post a heads up if anyone else is looking for this film in this size.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin