Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,889   Online: 914

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Ilford ULF Deadline Rapidly Approaching

Fellow ULF (and other non-standard format) Shooters,

The deadline for the current Ilford ULF special order program is rapidly approaching. The orders from the dealers to the distributor are due by the end of the business day this Friday 3/2/07. In order to give your dealer time to process your order and forward it on to the distributor, it is recommended that you place your order by EOD, Thursday 3/1/07 - that's TOMORROW!

This special order program has not received nearly the same level of discussion as the initial offering last year. Perhaps we have become spoiled and are taking the future availabity of ULF and special size films for granted. I strongly urge otherwise. This is a once a year, at best, event. With the recent closing of the Forte plant, and J&C on extended hiatus we need to send a clear mesage to Ilford, and other ULF and potential ULF producers, that there is a viable market for ULF film. Better yet, let's show them the market is vibrant and growing. Time to speak with our collective wallets. If we want these products to be availbale in the future, we need to support the manufacturers today.

I have no financial interest in this special order program. I'm just a fellow ULF photographer who wants to remind you that the deadline is near, the clock is ticking and the time to call your dealer and place your order is now. Here's a list of participating dealers (in alphabetic order):

Big Camera Workshops (Canada)
    Badger Graphic Sales
    B&H Photo & Video
    Freestyle Sales
    Glazers (Seattle)
    Keeble & Shuchat Photography
    The View Camera Store
    W.B.Hunt

Note: As this is a special ordfer program, not all dealers have the products and prices listed on their web sites. It is best to call them for details.

For a complete list of sizes, product codes and suggested retail prices, see this thread on APUG.

Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have already placed my order, even though it's a smaller one than I placed last year. I want to see this program continue for many years to come.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hear, hear! Placed my order yesterday...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Placed a week ago for 8x20.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Me too - 8x20
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In a PM, Simon has promised to post the 4x10 product codes by tomorrow afternoon. This is cutting it very close to the deadline at Wynit (end of business tomorrow, Friday 3/2/07).

If anyone else wishes to order 4x10 Ilford film, I urge you to watch the forum for the product codes and call your dealer with your order immediately. If there aren't enough orders, I fear Ilford won't find it worth their while to cut and package 4x10 film this time around.

Kerry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Okay, I'm in for a box of 7x17" FP4+. Thanks for the reminder!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have placed my order for 7x11 and 4x10... hoping they both make the cut this year.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In anticipation of moving up to 4x10 this year, I've placed a small order for this size in FP4+. So you can count on my support, and I hope next year I will be able to place a bigger order!

BTW, I called Dennis at the View Camera Store and he told me he was not going to wait for the 4x10 product codes and took my order without them.

Thank you, Ilford, and all concerned for supporting film!

Best wishes,

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, I just placed my order - without the product code for 4x10 FP4+ (like Sanjay). Although I'm sure most dealers would prefer you placed your order today, I'm sure they'll still accept additional orders tomorrow morning. My dealer was also willing to accept my 4x10 order and forward it on to Wynit without the proper product code. Hopefully, Wynit will have the codes by EOB tomorrow and will assign them to the 4x10 orders.

So, if you want any Ilford films in these sizes (ULF and other non-standard formats, such as 6.5x8.5, 7x11. 5x12, etc.), I urge you to place your orders without delay. This is a once a year program. I ordered enough FP4+ in three different sizes (4x10, 7x17 and 14x17) to last a year. I would have liked to order more of each and another format or two as well, but like most my film fund has it's limits. I'm just thrilled to be able to get this great film in these unusual sizes. I hope the program is a success for Ilford and they continue to offer it on a yearly basis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin