Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,431   Online: 1107

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Simon,

I'm with Oren on this. It might be easier for us to try to come up with the deficit in any particular size than to just blindly order with the hope that all orders will then proceed.

Also, single MOQ's at any time of the year would certainly be attractive to some photographers who work in only one or two formats. This would probably be the best way for me to order.

Sincerely,

Rob Vinnedge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, isn't it time to focus on the rest of the photographic community? All of the focus on ULF isn't good for business. The only reason I would have to buy ULF is to cut it down to 5x7. If you want to subsidize the ULF then produce and sell a complete product line in smaller film sizes and emulsions.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    5x7" FP4+, and HP5+ are stock items that don't require a special order. B&H has them both in stock and can order Delta 100, as do other dealers, I suspect.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    My guess is that some portion of the 150 boxes was for film that Wynit already had in stock from the last special order.
    No doubt. Taking into account that some of us ordered from other dealers, the total order submitted would have had to be greater than 150 boxes*. Against that, the fact that the net new order was so small would imply that Wynit was carrying a substantial stock from last year.

(*Yes, I realize that even an order of 250 or 300 boxes can't be considered large from Harman's perspective if it's distributed across ten or fifteen formats.)
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 03-19-2007 at 03:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote with Oren. If I knew 8x20 was only two boxes from meeting the minimum, I'd figure a way to swing it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Another vote with Oren. If I knew 8x20 was only two boxes from meeting the minimum, I'd figure a way to swing it.
    Same here in the 14x17 size. I ordered two boxes of FP4 and two boxes of HP5+, but I could settle on either one if that helped to go above the minimum order per film/size.
    Last edited by mammolo; 03-19-2007 at 05:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Simon,
    I too am with Oren on this. I stocked up on ULF during JandC's sale, but I might buy a box or two if it made the difference.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Simon, isn't it time to focus on the rest of the photographic community? All of the focus on ULF isn't good for business. The only reason I would have to buy ULF is to cut it down to 5x7. If you want to subsidize the ULF then produce and sell a complete product line in smaller film sizes and emulsions.
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    5x7" FP4+, and HP5+ are stock items that don't require a special order. B&H has them both in stock and can order Delta 100, as do other dealers, I suspect.
    And Badger offers 5x7 Delta 100 in single box quantities too:

http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c..._detail&p=1995

I'm not sure what is gained by disparaging the non-standard sizes special order program. All Ilford panchromatic emulsions are available in 5x7 except Pan F Plus and Delta 3200; Simon has already posted that the former never will be and Ilford is giving serious consideration to the latter. In 35mm and 120, it's all available.

More constructive use of bandwidth might be, as others above have done, to seek the root cause of this shortfall. I strongly suspect dealer/distributor stockpiling last time played a major role. Prime contender is the apparent total lack of dealer/distributor advertising that those sizes continued to be available from "stock."

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...... Prime contender is the apparent total lack of dealer/distributor advertising that those sizes continued to be available from "stock."
    Could be, but I have to add that in Canada Rob Skeoch kept people advised of his in stock items before the price increase and present order and as I recall some of that was ULF. I have never bought from him nor have any connection except being on his mailing list.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Great ideas, Oren. I'll even gladly order a compatible size and cut it down, just tell me where to put my bottlecaps
    Last edited by Colin Graham; 03-19-2007 at 04:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin