Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,127   Online: 853

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    My guess is that some portion of the 150 boxes was for film that Wynit already had in stock from the last special order.
    David,

I think you may be right. Two of the three sizes of FP4+ I ordered (7x17 and 14x17 - the third being 4x10) were already in stock at Wynit. If I had known those were stock items, I might have managed my order a little differently by throwing more of my money at 4x10 and maybe 7x11 in order to meet the minimums for those sizes. Due to the relatively high cost of the 14x17 and 7x17 film, at this point, I'm pretty much tapped out on my film budget, but if we're close to meeting the minimum for 4x10, I may be willing to break my piggy bank and order a couple more boxes.

Kerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess you all exposed way too little negatives during the last year. I did ;-)

G

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have not placed an order for 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 because of a current lack of available film holders. As this situation is about to change, I would be happy to order some if it will help make the minimum quantity. If the quantity burden is too great, I'll have to pass for this year.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I put my little order for 2 boxes of 8x20, I did it before I have my 8x20 camera, that I will have at the end of April, so I decide to make an effort to buy two film boxes,(the camera is a bit expensive),and I have to learn to use this new format, but I'm sure in the future I'm able to put an order bigger than now....
    Thanks ILFORD......

Best

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is how it's been for me.
    As a dealer I try to stock 11x14, 7x17, 8x20 and 12x20 in the ULF sizes in HP5. Usually only a box or two, but I'm in Canada so the demand is lighter.
    When they sell I add them to my next order of 8x10 and 5x7 films. Working this way I've been able to keep each of these in stock.
    In Jan. I ordered five boxes of 7x17 for a client but only two shipped and the other 3 were backordered. Whynit was then out of 7x17 until the next shipment from England or the next run of film I'm not sure.
    It was like that for the past few weeks, but I got notice this week that they just shipped a partial shipment of 7x17. So they've got some more in from somewhere.
    Films like 8x20, although part of the ULF order, were shipped right away so they had those in stock as well. I also had a box of 10x12 Ortho on order that shipped right away.
    As a dealer I was surprised how few orders I received before the deadline, but then I wasn't involved in last years go-round, and I'm in Canada and may be my price wasn't competitive... I never compared what anyone else was selling for.
    As far as 5x7 goes, I'm able to stock both HP5 and FP4 but the Delta 100 has a minimal order of too many boxes. I would like to carry it if it was avalable one at a time, but really Delta 100 doesn't sell near as much as the other two films anyway. In fact in 8x10 I'm my best customer.
    -Rob
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, how about some free samples so the rest of us can see what we are missing? A couple of sheets. Recently Kodak sent some new film, why don't you send out some film. Maybe the orders will go up. If you produce Pan F in ULF then yes I will be buying film in quanitity.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, I asked several times for a run of HP5 in 3.25 x 4.25, but it was not included in the offering. I would have committed to buy 20 50-sheet boxes, and I know of at least one other photographer who would have bought substantial quantities of this size. Sanders

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The problem is we're all setting in front of computers when we should be out taking photos. Let's take some photos this week so we'll have a need to buy some film.
    Even Weston forced himself to take photos when things were slow, there must be something in the fridge you can photograph. something original like a cala lily or pepper.
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanders McNew View Post
    Simon, I asked several times for a run of HP5 in 3.25 x 4.25, but it was not included in the offering. I would have committed to buy 20 50-sheet boxes, and I know of at least one other photographer who would have bought substantial quantities of this size. Sanders
    Sanders, it was offered.

The challenge for us is that one needs to read every APUG thread on the topic religiously to stay on top of details like that as they emerge. The challenge for Harman is that this is a time sink already, and they have to prioritize their promotional efforts. So the question for those of us who care about this is, as always, what can we do to make this work for everyone involved?
    Last edited by Oren Grad; 03-19-2007 at 07:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Sanders, it was offered.

The challenge is that one needs to read every APUG thread on the topic religiously to stay on top of details like that.
    Wow, that's terrible. I missed that post. I thought the definitive last word was Kerry Thalmann's February 28 post:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/...proaching.html

which provvided this link to the sizes available:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum146/...l-details.html

Shame on me for missing the post you mentioned.

Sanders

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin