Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,434   Online: 825

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will add my voice to the chorus and say a big Thank You Simon!

Although I don't have a ULF, I do have a 4x5 and a box of FP4. Once my reserve of 120 and 35mm B&W is used, I will switch to Ilford because you offer such outstanding support to the community. I know it's an investment for the future because if (or shall I say when?) I ever go ULF, I will have a supplier of film.

Marc

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Many thanks Simon, you guys are the greatest. You've definitely made a lifetime customer out of me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow! Thanks, and I don't even shoot ULF.

This action by Ilford is a great example of where film and paper manufacturers should go in the future. Small, flexible, robust, boutique manufacturers that are in tune with their customers. It's a great business model.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Wow! Thanks, and I don't even shoot ULF.

This action by Ilford is a great example of where film and paper manufacturers should go in the future. Small, flexible, robust, boutique manufacturers that are in tune with their customers. It's a great business model.
    With all this flexibility and good will, I'm sure that the return of 220 is just around the corner!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered some 8x20 FP4 during the current round, back in mid-February. It just showed up (3/26/07). I guess there was still some in stock. As others have stated before me, I'm guessing this may be why the "current" order is smaller than expected. There was still some from the last make that none of us knew about.

I'm thrilled to get the film early, but concerned that it might have jeopardized the current run.

Now I just need to pull some more food out of my freezer . . . who knew photography could make you fatter?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just ordered 4 boxes of 6 1/2 x 8 1/2, in part to show my support for this, and in part in an act of faith that Paul Droluk will be able to come through with making the new 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holders, and I won't have to wait until the film is well past expiration to get some holders to fit it.

Simon, a big thank you for doing this, and congrats on having the courage to go forward with something as risky a proposition as this. May your courage be rewarded!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I actually just ordered 3 boxes of 6.5x8.5 today after "winning" a whole plate Ansco with two holders on eBay the other day. This place is baaaaaaaaad for my GAS.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

ULF film available in Europe

If anybody wants to order the Ilford ULF film in Euro-Land, I can sell it. Send me a PM soon. The film will be shipped from Germany.
    If you're not taking your camera...there's no reason to travel. --APUG member bgilwee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Petzi

Good for you....well done !

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    With all this flexibility and good will, I'm sure that the return of 220 is just around the corner!
    LOL. Yeah, I should have added profitability too. It's the one factor many people often forget about!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin