Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,092   Online: 1057

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Yan.

Don not worry we will find out...

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Wilde View Post
    Simon, you certainly make it easy to see why I work on buying your product.
    Same here, I am almost 100% ilford user now, better costumer support (and products) do not exist. please post on the forum when you know what has gone wrong, so we all can learn.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Yan,
    Your problem looks to me to an issue with your final wash/rinse. As you say that its occurred on different formats and different sizes in Ilford's range, I can't see the materials being at fault. Apart from all else, I suspect that a lot of other people with film from those batches would be hopping up and down as well! I occasionally used to suffer from marks on negatives. I live in a very soft water area and concluded that I was overdoing the wetting agent in the final rinse. I now use literally only one drop of wetting agent in a full tank of water, then tip that away and have a "final final" rinse in just plain water. No problems since I started doing that.
    Simon's kind offer of advice and investigation is typical of the service we enjoy from Ilford (other firms, not just photographic, should take note!) but somehow I think you're wasting your hard-earned money posting your negs to England!
    Hope you get to the bottom of the problem, whatever it is!
    Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Steve, thanks for your attention. When it happened in the first time I though the same. So i washed it again and again. Nothing, the marks were still there. I do think the problem can be with something that I´m doing. But whar really amazes me is that just one roll in the same tank came out with the marks. When I developed FP4+ I put 2 rolls in the same tank. One came with the marks, and the other not. Both rolls got the same soup, same water, same final rinse. So why one has the marks so consistent and the other is so clean? If there were some problems with the water, the final rinse or anything shouldn´t both rolls come with the marks. Here are some shots from the roll that I developed with the one with the marks.

As you can see, they´re clean. No marks at all.

Once again, thanks a lot for your attention with my problem. I appreciate.
    Yan Boechat
    São Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yanboechat View Post
    Steve, thanks for your attention. When it happened in the first time I though the same. So i washed it again and again. Nothing, the marks were still there. I do think the problem can be with something that I´m doing. But whar really amazes me is that just one roll in the same tank came out with the marks. When I developed FP4+ I put 2 rolls in the same tank. One came with the marks, and the other not. Both rolls got the same soup, same water, same final rinse. So why one has the marks so consistent and the other is so clean?
    Because one was on top, where all the bubbles of the frothing 'soup' are, the other below, fully submerged.

Put more liquid in the tank, and use less photoflo (and rinse the tank and spools thoroughly before using them again).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As you can see, they´re clean. No marks at all.
    I spent what felt like a long time looking at those two images to spot the problem before I scrolled down and saw that line!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Because one was on top, where all the bubbles of the frothing 'soup' are, the other below, fully submerged.

Put more liquid in the tank, and use less photoflo (and rinse the tank and spools thoroughly before using them again).

It does make sense
    Yan Boechat
    São Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    When I developed FP4+ I put 2 rolls in the same tank. One came with the marks, and the other not. Both rolls got the same soup, same water, same final rinse.
    Did the two FP4 rolls come from the same bulk roll, or were they bought at the same time from the same place? If the former, they're definitely from the same batch and if the latter then it's highly likely. Either way points to a processing issue rather than material. I don't know how the batch number is displayed on the film (probably bar codes these days) but if you could find something that looks like a batch identifier and they are both the same, perhaps you could go some way to ruling out the material.
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sure it's a processing error.
    Bubbles, leaving their mark... nothing else does that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ilford film batch code for 120 is a 4 digit number on the edge that has the Ilford name, eg. Ilford FP4 Plus 3997.
    It's repeated every 3 inches or so. No idea about 35mm but suspect similar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin