Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,705   Online: 929

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    I'm sure it's a processing error.
    Bubbles, leaving their mark... nothing else does that.
    As I said QG, what amazes me is why one roll has no marks whatsoever and the other one has plenty of them. But I agree with that one in the top of another can be the problem. I ussually use 2ml of photo flo for each liter. But, again, it can pe a processor error. Well, I´ll send them to Ilford anyway. Just to be sure what is going on.
    Yan Boechat
    São Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yanboechat View Post
    As I said QG, what amazes me is why one roll has no marks whatsoever and the other one has plenty of them. But I agree with that one in the top of another can be the problem.
    It's not a problem, but (together with too little fluid and too much photoflo in the tank) the explanation.

The top edge of the film on top will not have been submerged, but sitting in among the froth produced by the 'agitated' photoflo.

Quote Originally Posted by yanboechat View Post
    I ussually use 2ml of photo flo for each liter. But, again, it can pe a processor error. Well, I´ll send them to Ilford anyway. Just to be sure what is going on.
    That's a lot...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A suggestion for using PhotoFlo : don't use it in the developing tank , mix it in a separate container and holding the film leader dunk the roll into the solution and remove. It's not necessary to soak for any length of time.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    A suggestion for using PhotoFlo : don't use it in the developing tank , mix it in a separate container and holding the film leader dunk the roll into the solution and remove. It's not necessary to soak for any length of time.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/
    That´s exactly what I do. But I let it there for 30 seconds. Is it too much?
    Yan Boechat
    São Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I never bothered to time it. I use MF and 4x5 and just as long as it takes to submerge. It has never been a problem so maybe something else caused the problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Because one was on top, where all the bubbles of the frothing 'soup' are, the other below, fully submerged.

Put more liquid in the tank, and use less photoflo (and rinse the tank and spools thoroughly before using them again).
    That was going to be thought after reading he put 2 rolls in one tank and got these results.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin