Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,784   Online: 730

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Harry, was reading on the Ilford website. Noticed that the DD-X was specifically recommended for the Delta line of films and am I correct that HP5+ delveloped with DD-X will be fine to as would I even know the difference between DD-X and HC-10 in the beginning?

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
    Thanks Harry, was reading on the Ilford website. Noticed that the DD-X was specifically recommended for the Delta line of films and am I correct that HP5+ delveloped with DD-X will be fine to as would I even know the difference between DD-X and HC-10 in the beginning?

Bob E.
    I use DD-X for all my B&W film, works great.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mark, do you keep you films to box speeds only or do you push/pull much? If so, how what film and how much....

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may or may not notice a difference, should be slightly finer grain with DD-X but HC-110 is fine for those films too.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Got it...thanks.

Bob E.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And by the way, using Delta 3200 at "box speed" is in fact a push though the suggested times take that into account. I and most others recommend using the next highest time, e.g. Shoot it at 3200 but develop it using the time for 6400 instead.

HP5+ and Delta 400, even FP4+ can be pushed well with DD-X or HC-110. I actually shoot FP4+ at 200 a fair bit and it comes out nicely.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBob View Post
    Mark, do you keep you films to box speeds only or do you push/pull much? If so, how what film and how much....

Bob E.
    I do push or pull here and there. I have come to like 100 to 400 speed film's close to box speed best.

I use the Deltas most but have HP5, FP4, TXP, TX, & plus x, in the fridge gathered up both second hand and new.

Don't get hung up here in other peoples opinions or agonizing over your choices here though.

Why you say?

Well consider Delta 3200. It's not really a 3200 speed film, it's a 1000 speed film, Kodak's 3200 too. Shooting and developing for 3200 is a push. My norm with 3200 speed film is shoot at "x" develop at "x+1".

Delta 100 for me needs less than normal development, Delta 400 needs normal times.

There are a variety of reasons this might be, including my mood.

You need to experiment (read that as print) to see what works best for you.

DD-X is great for me regardless of which way I shoot, but it's not a magic bullet. Same goes for the all the rest.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I picked up Ilfosol 3 about 3-4 months back and have used it with Neopan 100 and like the combination so far. I see no point in going back to my usual 5L quantities of Xtol. The Xtol would go bad as my usage is low so I started keeping a Qt in the refrigerator but it was precipitating out of solution and Ilfosol doesn't. If you keep with Ilfosol order 3 small 12oz brown bottles next time around. Two will be full and the third you can work out of.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I picked up Ilfosol 3 about 3-4 months back and have used it with Neopan 100 and like the combination so far. I see no point in going back to my usual 5L quantities of Xtol. The Xtol would go bad as my usage is low so I started keeping a Qt in the refrigerator but it was precipitating out of solution and Ilfosol doesn't. If you keep with Ilfosol order 3 small 12oz brown bottles next time around. Two will be full and the third you can work out of.
    Make that 2- 250ml amber bottles or 4- 125ml bottles.
    W.A. Crider

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin