Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,671   Online: 865

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adox E-6?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Adox E-6?

Saw an interesting rumor in a comment on Mike Johnston's blog to the effect that Adox would try to bring back Agfa E-6 films, if Kodak dropped theirs. True?

I shot a fair amount of Agfachrome 100 in the 1980s. It was a palette I really liked.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought that the Rollei Digibase films and Lomo E-6 are Agfa...They are E-6 films that are made in Germany...An Adox E-6 would be really nice though! Especially in sheets
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I thought that the Rollei Digibase films and Lomo E-6 are Agfa...They are E-6 films that are made in Germany...An Adox E-6 would be really nice though! Especially in sheets
    +1 if they can do it! Woo-hoo!

Fuji films are good but for many things but for some subjects the choices aren't good - you have Provia (too contrasty and too saturated) or Velvia (WAY too contrasty and saturated.) Fuji killed Astia and Kodak killed E100G. Something a bit less contrasty and saturated than Provia would be welcome (by some of us.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I think they are made in Belgium actually.

Trond

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post

Trond
    And it comes only in 200 flavor AFAIK (and comparatively grainy too).
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess we are talking here about Adox in terms of Fotoimpex, rather than the old Schleussner/Dupont machinery now used by EFKE whose film is sold as Adox again.

Schleussner/Dupont manufactured Adox colour negative and transparency films but these were based on similar technology to Agfa's colour films.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm planning on ordering some of this Rollei CR200 film in 120. It's quite cheap if you're in Europe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    200 speed would be fine. It's sort of a hole, speed wise, in current offerings anyway, and has been since E200 went away. Grainy, well - probably better than the E4 films I first shot, and certainly better than the E4 HSE at a whopping speed of 160.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post

Trond
    Yep, AGFA is in Belgium.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    200 speed would be fine. It's sort of a hole, speed wise, in current offerings anyway, and has been since E200 went away. Grainy, well - probably better than the E4 films I first shot, and certainly better than the E4 HSE at a whopping speed of 160.
    Your mileage may vary, but I actually found I liked CR200 better at EI 160.

It is really grainy for 35mm use, but it would probably be fine in medium format. It has a pretty strong yellow cast---I never found it to be unusable, but some users have had really messed-up results in that respect.

I like Provia, but it would be nice to have a little bit of variety in the market and I'd be delighted to see Adox pop up in the E6 market.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin