Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,492   Online: 808

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    In film making sooner or later it´s always a matter of coating size. If you can get volume on a coating machine you are a happy man, if you struggle with volume you can choose between poor quality or a skyrocketed price. Thus a very simple aproach to the matter is to coat "a" film and then make many different products out of it. In this context Super8 and 16mm are contributing formats.
    We have also bought and refurbished machines to make Super8, Normal8 and 16mm film but the question is if we can bring a final product at competitive prices to the market. So apart from the pure capability of making it we are at present debating about production costs.

To you the price of a roll of moovie film might seem high but from a manufacturers standpoint such film is sold quite cheap :-)

Kind regards,

Mirko
    Mirko I'll be interested in 16mm movie film (double perf). Until it becomes available I will keep buying your paper and other films from fotoimpex.

Brilliant to read what you guys are up to.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got a vintage Bolex that needs to be fed!

At this point in time, I have a lot of other irons in the fire, photographic, budgetary and otherwise, but the avilability of more 16mm film would do a lot to move that project up the priorities list.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    35mm
    As far as movie stock, that could be interesting, Kodak still makes 16mm Double perf stock but there are minimum orders required. "International Film" does stock it, as well as re-spooling regular 8 on the correct spools. Perhaps he would be interested in working with you. For regular 8 and super 8 edge numbers are not an issue, in 16mm I am not sure how many folks are doing strictly digital editing and would need the KeyCode bar codes. the older stinbeck style editing can still work with the mechanically created numbers.

Most of the movie stock sold today in 16mm are single perf. _ one money making idea might be to slit and perf regalr 8 from someone else's movie stock. of course for maximum efficency you would have to find a maker willing to sell it to you unperfed so you could do the old 32-35 thing.

My guess is the cost of converting to KeyCode, as well as cheapskates like me diverting 35mm Negative to their still cameras is what discouraged Ilford from reintroducing movie stock after they re-organized.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool!
    Canadian Correspondent for the Film Photography Podcast
    A bi-monthly podcast for people who love to shoot film!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nice!
    If only CHS Art Series could be done again using this machine, would be so great

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin