Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,085   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Large Format

ADOX CHS and EFKE DOA....any possibility of rejuvenation???

Folks;

I've read about the issues with Fotoimpex and the loss of the much-beloved coating machine but, I wonder if there is a chance of these films being manufactured at a different facility (pardon me...I've been "out of the loop" for about a year due to a variety of health concerns so, this question may have been asked already). To say the least, I was a big fan of the ADOX CHS ART Series of films --especially when developed with FOMADON R-09......so, the loss of these films is a significant blow for me (and, I assume, others are having the same experience).

Thanks Much---JOE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Joe,

as stated several times in the other threads the reason why these films were abandonded are more economical than technical.
    The coating machine could have been repaired if manufacturing the CHS films had been a real business supporting production, research and maintenance. The reality in film manufacturing today is unfortunately different. Prices are on the same level than 25 years ago (after inflation) while quantities are down to 1/1000.
    We are considering a new aproach but it will be a film with better end-quality at a higher price and thus we can only manufacture it if we have found ways to coat film on a small scale at reasonable prices.
    Currently we are evaluating such options and run some tests.
    So it won´t be the same (if we can make it happen) but it shall have a similar spectral response, high silver content and similar curve shape.

Mirko

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mirko;
    Thank you for bringing me up-to-date on the ADOX CHS Series Films. I applaud you and the Fotoimpex Team for bringing the ADOX CHS Series film to-market for as long as you did!!! Take care and I look foward to any new photographic products you may offer.

Best Regards-Joe Reitsma (Minneapolis, MN)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin