Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,342   Online: 1123

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Because of the many questions about certain sheet film formats I would like to point out that the new film will be made in Germany in our factory. So we can take advantage of our small and flexible sheetfilm confectioning unit were we can produce on demand.
    Larger box sizes where the value of the box reaches a certain level can be made at no extra charge (for example panoramic 8 or 10 Inch film).
    Very small sizes though, where the value of the film is low, will naturally create a lot of costs in relation to the box price for machine adjustment and packaging. So the small box sizes we will probably tie to a minimum order of 5 pce. or we collect orders.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is June, will the film get ready this month as foretold?

Shooter
    35mm
    This is on the Adox English pages:
    CHS 100 II is already in production and expected to be available in first formats by August 2013*

* The company coating the film has delayed the coating schedule. June can unfortunately not be kept anymore.

ADOX Fotowerke June 1st 2013.
    On the Adox German page it says:
    CHS 100 II ist in der Produktion und wird für August 2013* als Formatware erwartet.

* Der ursprünglich geplante Termin Juni ist leider nicht zu halten, da die Firma welche die Emulsion für uns vergießt den "coating schedule" verschoben hat.

ADOX Fotowerke 12 Juni 2013.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Mirko - Are we on track for August? T minus 27 days....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How 'bout the end of the year? Seriously, it's a process, a long and difficult process producing film on a large scale. Lots of things will happen but I'm sure you are trying your very best to make it work. The best of luck and please drop a note from time to time about the experience.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At present we are still on track. Masterrolls are expected to hit us in August.
    On the other hand we also expect Variotone and MCP in about the same week so confectioning will be very busy.
    We will probably introduce the sheetfilms first.
    Our improved climate control is up and running since last week (the dehumdifying capacity was insufficent) so we can convert in July and August now which was not possible before.

I have to correct your math: "T-27+August-1" ;-)

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nice. Do you have an estimate of what sort of street prices we'll probably see?

Can we buy directly from Adox and if so, what sort of minimum order size? For those of us in Australia that might more sense than going via a US distributor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anyone can always buy directly from us.
    www.fotoimpex.de/shop
    In those countries where we have distribution this makes usually less sense but for those countries where we haven´t this is probably the best choice.
    The spectral sensitzation and other characteristics of the new film are similar to the old one yet the entire manufacturing process is not.
    The new film will be made in Germany, meet very different quality criteria and production costs are not like they were with Fotokemika.
    We will try to keep the price as competitve as we can.

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you planning on cutting any to 70mm? If I could get it at about the same price as Macodirect is selling the Rollei then that would be great.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    At present we are still on track. Masterrolls are expected to hit us in August....I have to correct your math: "T-27+August-1" ;-)
    Mirko
    Glad to hear! Keep up the great work! I hope you've built in some buffer to vacation this summer too, maybe:
    T-27+August-2+[~vacation]

Thanks a bunch for the intel, I was about to buy some 100 ISO and wanted to check where you all were at. This helps me plan out the rest of my summer stash, I hope to try this new CHS100 in the fall

Take care, keep up the great work and thanks again for talking with your customers directly
    Andy

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin