Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,850   Online: 1006

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm glad there are companies like Adox around. I'm looking forward to their version of the EFKE films as well. Companies like Adox and Ilford are going to make sure that analogue photography is going to be around for a long time yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    That machine is lovely in its own right. The world needs one or more of our German members to be given access to construct a photo-essay on the Adox factory, I think!

-NT
    Great idea, Nathan! I'd volonteer - After all, I live like 20 minutes away (by car) from Bad Saarow

Quote Originally Posted by madgardener
    I'm glad there are companies like Adox around. I'm looking forward to their version of the EFKE films as well. Companies like Adox and Ilford are going to make sure that analogue photography is going to be around for a long time yet.
    +1 Definitely. And Wolfgang Moersch, too.

Shooter
    Large Format

14x17

Great news, Mirko,

Congratulations!

For both film & paper, if possible, please include 14x17. Hope you'll be able to resurrect CHS 25 type film.

Best,

Bill Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Attachment 65000

ADOX Fotowerke have undertaken another strategic investment in order to secure the future supply of films and photopapers: We just acquired our box manufacturer.

Now some of you might wonder why this is such a great deal but the way boxes have been manufactured for us was quite unique. European manufacturers are usually equipped with modern machines with high efficiency. They can produce any box in any quality at competitive prices but you need to order a minimum of 10.000 boxes or more.

Considering that we need for paper:

10x15 cm/100
    5x7"/25
    5x7"/100
    18x24 cm/25
    18x24 cm/100
    8x10"/25
    8x10"/100
    8x20/100
    24x30 cm/50
    24x30 cm/100
    11x14"/25
    11x14"/50
    30x40 cm/25
    30x40 cm/50
    16x20"/25
    16x20"/50
    20x24"/25
    20x24"/50
    (plus special formats)

and for films:

6x9
    Half plate
    Full plate
    9x12
    4x5
    8x10
    8x20
    11x14
    30x40
    16x20
    (plus special formats)

whilst some of these sizes ar sold in less than 10 pieces per year one can imagine how this falls in line with a minimum order size of 10.000 pce.

Our current supplier of boxes is working in a semi industrialised way with a good share of manual labour suported by flexible machines which can be easily adjusted to make different sized boxes. Some of these machines are from the times when we still had an emperor (see picture) yet they run.

With our strategic investment we purchased the machine park of our supplier and thus enable him to continue to operate for the coming years.
    After a few years we will relocated the machine park to our facilities and continue in house securing availability for you all.

Sometimes I feel I am in a museum if I walk around in our factory....

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by madgardener View Post
    Agree! Thank you Adox!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Excellent news! Aside from the benefits for analogue photography, I like to see a company insourcing when it makes sense to do so.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Excellent news! Aside from the benefits for analogue photography, I like to see a company insourcing when it makes sense to do so.
    No kidding. We've got a few companies here that could learn a thing or two.

This is great news.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fantastic! This makes me so happy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very good news indeed!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very good news. I love Adox papers and will continue to use them. As an engineer with many years in manufacturing, I can understand your move. With many products, each of small volume, you need control over your own manufacturing.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great idea, Nathan! I'd volonteer - After all, I live like 20 minutes away (by car) from Bad Saarow
    Last year we organized a factory tour for the Lette- students of photography (a local Berlin photography school).
    This year they want to repeat this. If anyone else would like to join let me know.
    The Lette students have a very nice and dedicated teacher organizing this for them.

Mirko

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin