Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,133   Online: 987

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From the US can I order film from your facility?

Thank you!

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Congrats! T=0! I can't wait till the 35mm hits the US!
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    From the US can I order film from your facility?

Thank you!

Curt
    They ship to the US, but I hope you're not in a hurry. It took me a month to receive my film and the order got messed up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent news! I notice that the data sheet describes the film as "orthopanchromatic", which I guess means a reduced red response more or less matching the old Efke films?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent news! I notice that the data sheet describes the film as "orthopanchromatic", which I guess means a reduced red response more or less matching the old Efke films?
    Exactly. Even if Fotokemika was still allive today the films wouldn´t be the same because many components are not manufactured anymore.
    We tried to match the old film as closely as possible using what was readily available off the shelve.

It is possible to get even closer but not within less than a years time (unless you spend so much money that I am sceptical anyone would do this).

We were kind of inbetween the necessity to bring the follow up film fast and match it as closely as possible.

We think that the outcome is very good. All bugs have been fixed:

- A state of the art coating with no defects
    - A hardened emulsion
    - More speed @ finer grain
    - A similar old style single layer emulsion system
    - A very similar spectral response including the gap at blue-green (compare the curves old vs. new on the ADOX website)
    - The same clear archival PET base
    - A new light piping prevention (quite a problem with the old film)
    - Improved anti halation (AHU)
    - Better confectioning

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They ship to the US, but I hope you're not in a hurry. It took me a month to receive my film and the order got messed up.
    I am sorry to hear this. We use postal service for international shippments because only postal service covers the entire world at reasonable prices. The reason is that they can do it via the world postal contract customs process. Private companies need to declare customs at the airport which ups the price per parcel usually about 20 USD just for paperwork.
    Usually postal works very well and also prevents remote area surcharges etc.

If you are from the US you should always consider our distributor freestyle as a first choice.

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does Freestyle have this film yet? I don't see it listed on their web site.

One big issue I have with the new Freestyle web site (I need to drop them a line about this) is that items I KNOW they carry do not show up under the menu system. But if you enter the name you know in the search function, it pops right up and is available. I could cite examples but this isn't about Freestyle - I did a search on CHS and found nothing, nor do I see it listed under Adox films.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by K-G View Post
    When I look at it , it says 25 sheets per box.

Karl-Gustaf
    It says: ADOX CHS 100 II 10,2x12,7 CM (4x5 INCH) / 25 Blatt, but the picture shows a box of 50 sheets.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    It says: ADOX CHS 100 II 10,2x12,7 CM (4x5 INCH) / 25 Blatt, but the picture shows a box of 50 sheets.
    Yes , I saw that now when I checked. I still think it is a 25 sheet box when you look at the price. It is just a litle more than one euro per sheet while the old CHS 100 is a litle less than a euro per sheet. They may have changed their mind after the Picture was taken. If it really is 50 sheets for 29 euro, hurry up to order.

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure the price is for a 25 sheet pack, I just don't know how is it confected - a box or an envelope which was my initial question.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin