Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,605   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

FX-39 back to stay!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FX39.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	462.5 KB 
ID:	81259
    After Paterson had no interest in continuing the chemistry line we rememebered what we had promised Geoffrey Crawley about 10 years ago: "to keep his baby allive". Here he is again. We hope the 6 months interruption of supply has not led to escapades by its fans.

Stock will show by 6PM CET.

http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/chemi...-39-500ml.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Mirko for your commitment to film photography!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I went to the site and was intrigued.
    I've heard of fx39 before but never used it.
    How well does it work Ilford pan 50?
    ... Hmmm..., f5.13 @ 1/23 should do it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pan F is probably one of the best combinations for FX 39 that you can think of.
    The film is very fine grained so the only disadvantage of FX-39 (not to work super fine grain) is no issue and all the other parametes afectable by development (speed, sharpness, detail contrast, copy range) are handled by FX-39 in an almost perfect way.
    So yes, these two will be a great match.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do FX-39 and Rodinal compare?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are about 70 years inbetween.
    Both developers are similar but FX-39 yields more speed utilisation and gives more equalizing "power" at a given speed.
    You can achieve either one also with Rodinal but not simultaniously (special development methods excluded).
    Basically Rodinal is closer to a "raw" developing substance and FX-39 is more of a tweaked formula.
    Either one has itīs advantages/disadvantages.
    Does this make sense to you?

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 02-01-2014 at 04:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Depends on what you mean by compare. Chemically the two developers are quite different. This is not to say that each is not capable of producing good results.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by miha View Post
    Depends on what you mean by compare. Chemically the two developers are very different. One has to be very careful what is said on APUG to avoid starting a rumor. This is not to say that each is not capable of producing good results.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Uses a lot more develoer than Rodianl as well. Hmm wonder if it will be available at B&H Photo anytime soon. Looking for a sharper develoer than Rpdinal for Rotary Processors since I can't seem to get the sharpness I used to get from hand processing...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Uses a lot more develoer than Rodianl as well. Hmm wonder if it will be available at B&H Photo anytime soon. Looking for a sharper develoer than Rpdinal for Rotary Processors since I can't seem to get the sharpness I used to get from hand processing...
    Sharper than Rodinal is tough to achive. Stop using rotation. Itīs inferior by any means. I wonder why people use rotary processors at all for B&W.
    I am not very optimistic about B&H stocking our products. The chain gets to long and the price to high.
    Apart from this analog does not seem to be in their main scope anymore.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin