Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,369   Online: 722

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Guys,
    Back to topic please: Rodinal.
    But feel free to open a new thread in the Lounge about pension plans with investments in analogue film
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Also, Adostab... Can that be used as a stabilizer for E-6 AND C-41 chemistry? And is there any reason not to use it with B&W?
    no and no

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How can I get YOUR product imported in Canada?
    Freestyle should ship to Canada - B&H also lists Rodinal (ADONAL).
    Does this work for you?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Pensions both public and private can and do disappear or shrink, beyond any illegal activity. Unfunded or underfunded pension liability is a major crisis in the US. Kodak USA employees took a big hit. It's happening everywhere, cities and states too. Some may well call it a crime, but judges don't seem to agree. Look it up.
    Well that sucks
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    I actually saw an ad for very old unexposed lantern slides a few months ago. I almost bought it just for fun but wasn't sure the box was really unopened. So I passed.

Bert from Holland
    http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    It sounds essentially like glass plates... Simply placed into a lantern... You can make your own... Unexposed lantern slides that are old would be like shooting film that's old
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Does this work for you?
    B&H won't ship chemicals that are OMR (or is it RMO? Whatever dangerous list chemicals) so they WILL ship DD-X but no HC-110 or Rodinal...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    How can I get YOUR product imported in Canada? I have heard that Rodinal has restrictions regarding transportation safety, so only stores can order it. Who is your rep in Canada?
    Can't wait for your answer.
    For people on the west coast, Beau Photo in Vancouver will be able to get it for sure via Freestyle.

Closer to your side of the country, it looks like argentix.ca (who is an APUG advertiser) carries it as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Does this work for you?
    No because of importation restrictions, this product being considered as dangerous for transportation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    No because of importation restrictions, this product being considered as dangerous for transportation.
    There actually are no import restrictions involved here.

What there are, are shipping restrictions. The consumer oriented ground shipping system that people can use to ship Rodinal and other similar items within the USA is not available for shipping to Canada.

The consumer oriented shipping procedures that are available for shipping to Canada aren't approved for items like Rodinal.

You could arrange special, commercial shipping, but the cost would only make sense for large quantities, and retailers like B&H probably wouldn't want the aggravation.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digital Truth will ship Rodinal/Adonol, as does Freestyle. I've been getting several chemicals from them for a long time now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin