Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,908   Online: 1047

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    There actually are no import restrictions involved here.

What there are, are shipping restrictions. The consumer oriented ground shipping system that people can use to ship Rodinal and other similar items within the USA is not available for shipping to Canada.

The consumer oriented shipping procedures that are available for shipping to Canada aren't approved for items like Rodinal.

You could arrange special, commercial shipping, but the cost would only make sense for large quantities, and retailers like B&H probably wouldn't want the aggravation.
    OK for the specifications you brought up. But, in the end, the results are just the same...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    No because of importation restrictions, this product being considered as dangerous for transportation.
    In an earlier post I suggested two places in Canada who would definitely have access to it: Beau Photo in Vancouver and argentix.ca in Quebec. The second is close to you and an APUG advertiser, I suggest you check them out.

Beau Photo mails all kinds of stuff to me that can't be shipped from the USA. HC-110 for example.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK for the specifications you brought up. But, in the end, the results are just the same...
    And that's a shame given the Canadian American relationship and geography. What happened? Last time I was in Vancouver I really felt like I was in a foreign country. More than any other time since I first went there at age five and that was in the 1950's. Nothing awful just different. Maybe 911 had something to do with it. Maybe it's always been hard to ship certain items, I don't know.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Photo-service, on Notre-Dame, had about 10 bottles of Blazinal (Rodinal in Canada) last time I was there (yesterday).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    Photo-service, on Notre-Dame, had about 10 bottles of Blazinal (Rodinal in Canada) last time I was there (yesterday).
    That's what I have, Blazinal. But I have been told this is not the original Rodinal recipe...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    In an earlier post I suggested two places in Canada who would definitely have access to it: Beau Photo in Vancouver and argentix.ca in Quebec. The second is close to you and an APUG advertiser, I suggest you check them out.

Beau Photo mails all kinds of stuff to me that can't be shipped from the USA. HC-110 for example.
    Right, Argentix has it and more. All this mainly imported from Freestyle, so a bit more costly. A final solution when everything else doesn't work. Sorry to say it.

Shooter
    35mm
    If by original rodinal you mean the "last" iteration, the one from say 2008, then yes it is, absolutely.

If by original you mean the first iteration, from say 1914, then no it isn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    ...Last time I was in Vancouver I really felt like I was in a foreign country...
    You were!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NB23 View Post
    If by original rodinal you mean the "last" iteration, the one from say 2008, then yes it is, absolutely.

If by original you mean the first iteration, from say 1914, then no it isn't.
    Is there still some Rodinal similar of the original recipe on the market. Sorry, I might have missed the information along the whole thread. If so, is this the one offered by Adox?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    see post #16

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin