Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,505   Online: 999

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    see post #16
    I understand that Adox makes Rodinal out of the employees' memory. Thx.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Officially, yes ....

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    I understand that Adox makes Rodinal out of the employees' memory. Thx.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToadMen View Post
    Officially, yes ....
    Lately, someone told me he gets its own Rodinal from someone who "brews" it for really cheap. I wish I knew the recipe just for the sake of knowing coz that must be really toxic...

Shooter
    35mm
    I wouldn't drink Rodinal, but the developing agent in it, which I believe is p-aminophenol, can be made from acetaminophen, commonly sold in the US as Tylenol. Can't imagine it would be that toxic to brew yourself, probably no more toxic than common household chemicals. Jnanian makes his own developer from coffee, washing soda, and vitamin C, all common things that can be found in a home.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    Lately, someone told me he gets its own Rodinal from someone who "brews" it for really cheap. I wish I knew the recipe just for the sake of knowing coz that must be really toxic...
    Here's a recent eBay auction supposedly selling kits to mix your own:

http://bit.ly/1hj5Zaf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Here's a recent eBay auction supposedly selling kits to mix your own:

http://bit.ly/1hj5Zaf
    $7 + shipping for a kit that makes 250mL of stock? Wow, that's no cheaper than a bottle of the real thing, if you can get it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Christian View Post
    $7 + shipping for a kit that makes 250mL of stock? Wow, that's no cheaper than a bottle of the real thing, if you can get it.
    It's more expensive as Rodjnal sells for $13 at 500ml, his would be $14 for 2 packs (500ml) and you have to mix it, and it's probably not Rodinal it's probably that Tylenol/aspirin whatever it is version... Lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    I'm just finishing a bottle of APH09, about 18 months after opening it.
    No bottom goo, no problems ever in fact.

I quote myself to note that I finally finally finished the bottle tonight ... and it was dead as a doornail, not even a whisper of an edge code on my Acros, less than a month after I last used it when it produced perfectly well developed negatives.

So, in my house at least, APH09 lasts a quite long time, but not indefinitely, and then dies suddenly

The eBay kit, I imagine, is being produced and sold by KennyE; he ought to be careful, calling it Rodinal and advertising it with a picture of a Rodinal bottle ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Pensions both public and private can and do disappear or shrink, beyond any illegal activity. Unfunded or underfunded pension liability is a major crisis in the US. Kodak USA employees took a big hit. It's happening everywhere, cities and states too. Some may well call it a crime, but judges don't seem to agree. Look it up.
    Stone was not talking about under funded pensions being safe. That's a big difference.

Personally I think Kodak Alaris will fail as a film producer, but not as an entire entity. So the KPP retirees should be OK in the long run.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another Rodinal pop-up. Thread put on ignore list. No contempt towards Rodinal fanboys intended. Good luck with that. If that stuff be your preference and they still make it these days, I'm glad for you. I'll use my Microdol and if I want Rodinal effects, I'll just sprinkle salt and pepper on my negative before enlarging it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin