Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 706

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1) Is this new bottle labeled Rodinal identical to the Compard R09 One Shot or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Not if this bottle has been produced past 2011/2012. Yes if it has been produced before that time.

Mirko
    Thank you Mirko, very good to hear the answer from the person/people in the best position to answer correctly the first time. And thank you for the detailed reply to the other questions. I'm a 1:25 user for most every film, so won't worry about my times. I've got one and a half bottles yet in the darkroom, but will move to the ADOX version with the next order. I've always been 100% satisfied with all your products, and love supporting any company that looks out for us film and paper folks so very well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

RODINAL! You lucky Americans..

Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Our labels are to some extend repositionable :-)
    The problem with glass bottles lies, ofcourse, in the shipping.
    We could fill and cap them but the styrofoam shipping protecting container runs around 15 USD.
    So rebottling at home is by far the best.
    Whoever wants to print his own Rodinal sticker for home use has my aproval
    What if I want to make a longer lasting non-paper (or water/chemical resistant) 500 or 1000 label run and sell them to APUGers at a profit? Lol

I will photocopy the label as it is from factory OR I will make a duplicate of a template from the older style made by AGFA but will replace that part with ADOX but with older font and styling, that would be cool
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could probably soak the label off the plastic bottle and transfer it to glass.
    Truzi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Truzi View Post
    You could probably soak the label off the plastic bottle and transfer it to glass.
    No that won't work at all, have you actually seen the labels on the bottles? Even just a little bit of liquid in the paper starts to disintegrate, it doesn't really bother me because it's just a plastic bottle and I assume they are cutting costs, and since the developer is so cheap I think it's probably the right move to use a cheap crappy label, however if I were getting a nice glass bottle I would want something that would last quite a while. That's what I said a water resistant type label.

Anyway that's all hearsay, but I do have a question, if anyone happens to have an old old old bottle of road and all that has the old-style label on it from the AGFA days, can you take a good picture of it and maybe send it to me? Even if it's just for my own personal use. I really like that old Timey look.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    if anyone happens to have an old old old bottle of road and all that has the old-style label on it from the AGFA days, can you take a good picture of it and maybe send it to me? Even if it's just for my own personal use. I really like that old Timey look.
    I have more than a few old bottles and would be happy to do that.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I've actually seen it. I've a bottle of Adonal and have well-rinsed the outside of it a few times after use, and it is still okay (unless you are referring to a vintage bottle, which I should have stated I am referring to new - though I did mention plastic). Of course, that is different from trying to soak it off in one piece.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

-----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That last one is still full and sealed.
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    That last one is still full and sealed.
    Yes! The last one is awesome!!! love the spillage or whatever it is (ironic since it's sealed) is it a test experiment on longevity? So cool! I want it! lol I wonder how much older I can find, like the old "tincture" bottles that look really REALLY old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Yes! The last one is awesome!!! love the spillage or whatever it is (ironic since it's sealed) is it a test experiment on longevity? So cool! I want it! lol I wonder how much older I can find, like the old "tincture" bottles that look really REALLY old.
    That is a cool label eh? Spillage must have been from surrounding bottles of open chemicals I think. My guess is it might be from South America (see the Spanish on there too?) and perhaps from the 60's-70's. I got off eBay or here, cannot remember. I have not used it yet as the top broke off the rubber stopper cap and I'd need to use a syringe or something stuck through the rubber. Plan to try it sometime soon though...
    -----------------------

Richard S.

My Photography Website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin