Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,024   Online: 811

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    The OP said in his initial posting: "This thread is to get feedback if you think there is a need for such a camera in new condition or if you think the used market serves everyone perfectly."

It seems to me that means all opinions were wanted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fair enough. Then let's just listen. I've asked my questions...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mirko, you are not only a film-, but also a paper-manufacturer:

What about a panoramic slit printing device? As the one Noblex once showed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are plenty, plenty of analogue 6x12, 6x17 and 6x24 cameras about serving both amateur and professional markets, both new and second hand (even home made ones, like mine!), and these do the job extremely well. What is trying to be achieved with a camera offering such an extreme field of view (e.g. 'fisheye')? I suspect the appeal of this mooted camera would be just a costly novelty up against established, proven and respected format cameras.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no need ,intrest or desire in such a camera but question APUG to be used as a market research tool.Mabe Sean can create a separatw Forum topic for this kind of thing.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I think the biggest issue is the few people who would use this and for what application?

Only a few would buy it, perhaps 10 in the world who could afford and justify the need for such a camera. There's no practical application, so the only use is either fun, or to be "different" but it would only be good for one project and then you would be repetitive using the same 360 for everything you shoot.

So I don't personally see there being much of a market, not enough to justify creating it.

The ONLY market, would be the Lomo crowd, I would contact Lomography and suggest a partnership with them for sales of such a camera, it would be more popular as a cheaper plastic unit than as a professional well built camera.

My opinion.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Boy I bet you are glad you asked this question here Mirko.

Where else would you be able to touch base with this many market research experts!

What did we ever do before the internet?
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I personally don't have a "need" for it, but I also don't have a need for 35mm cameras, yet I use them regularly, because their size is an advantage to my larger format cameras. Which bring me to ask (I think someone might have asked this already, but) what are the advantages of this system? I assume from the photo that it has some sort of robotic rotation synced with film advancement and shutter? Can it pan in both, left and right, directions or just one way? Are the lenses interchangeable, if so how does the user correct for parallax (as there is no viewfinder visible); if not, is it fair to assume that it already pivots about the nodal point? Since there is no viewfinder visible, how does the user know what is going to be in the frame? Will there be frames, or is it a continuous single 6x~80cm image? Instead of a rotating panorama, can it be hacked to do a side-shifting panorama (e.g., Ed Ruscha's Every Building on the Sunset Strip)? Ok, enough with the curios questions... I like the programmable angle idea, instead of only 360º. To give a fair answer to the OP's question, I think more info is needed about this setup's capabilities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I have no need ,intrest or desire in such a camera but question APUG to be used as a market research tool.Mabe Sean can create a separatw Forum topic for this kind of thing.
    Well that saved me the trouble of saying it myself!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I would have no use for this camera, no matter the price point.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin