Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,190   Online: 1168

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

ADOX Chemical bottles with new plug and dosing system

We are shifting over from our known type of caps to the new ones with a plug and dosing system.
    This way you can measure our liquid concentrates more easily. The security plug has a second function as a dosing system and remains on the bottle. No fumbling in getting it off.
    We prefer plugs over welded seals because we encountered oxidation problems with our sealed bottles in the past. Plugs seal better and in case that developer crystalizes between plug and the cap it almost cannot fall back into the bottle through the little hole.
    Oxidized and crystalized old developer shortens the shelve life of your concentrate severely!
    ADOX Chemistry is filled into transparent bottles and caps so you can visually inspect your concentrates prior to usage. The transparent cap shows spots so you know when to clean it.
    ADOX liquid concentrates are fitted with a childproof cap for safety reasons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dosierspender2.jpg   ADOX.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    This sounds like a good initiative. I've liked using Atomal in the pouches -- those work well. I just wish I could find someone in the U.S. or France selling ADX film developer!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    The security plug has a second function as a dosing system and remains on the bottle.
    I do not understand:

-) what is the security feature of that plug?

-) how can the plug act as dosing system?

If by dosing system, you refer to pouring in a squirt, that may be an altnative to the hassle of pouring liquid out of a screw-top bottle.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just wish I could find someone in France selling ADX film developer!
    Well, since you speak english you could order via the Fotoimpex webstore. Really we are one united Europe now. No need to establish dealers in everey single EU country. It all adds to the foodchain and price.

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    -) what is the security feature of that plug?

-) how can the plug act as dosing system?
    The security feature is the plug itself which is pressed into the bottle and held in there by the cap. Then a cone shaped pin is inserted into the little hole in the top. The bottle is very securely sealed even if the cap is not screwed tightly. So the bottles are much better protected against leaking during transport and against oxygen during storage.

The second security is that through the little hole less air exchange can take place when the bottle is opened.

Yes with "dosing system" I refered to ease of pouring and dosing as shown in the attached image. It does not measure. However when you let the liquid flow out it starts quickly and then due to the increasing tear on the bottle walls when colapsing it slows down or stops. More concentrate can then be "dosed" by pressing on the bottle. I find this much easier than pouring out of an open bottleneck.

Mirko
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NeueStopfen.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is good improvement specially for Rodinal and APH09 where I need to be precise in milliliters for 1+100 dosage. Thanks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will be happy if I get slightly wider mouth for Rodinal bottles. 20ml syringe do not go in at all.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put a wide gauge needle on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The bottle reminds me of lighter fluid bottles (for starting grills and campfires).
    It does seem like a good way to control the flow of the chemicals.
    Truzi

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Well, since you speak english you could order via the Fotoimpex webstore. Really we are one united Europe now. No need to establish dealers in everey single EU country. It all adds to the foodchain and price.

Mirko
    I'll do so when I arrive in Europe in May. And I'll get some film, too! Thanks for the suggestion, Mirko.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin