Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,964   Online: 975

Shooter
    Medium Format

MCP/MCC Timetable

In respect to the resurrection of MCC and MCP I would like to update you on a few things.

First of all I would like to ask all of you to value any date given as our target dates.
    This is a rather complex project and there are many factors involved.

We make plans and then we try to meet them. Hoewever things can go wrong and then we will need longer. After all the emulsions need to be put on different machines than they were originally on.

The new coating machine (the mooved and scaled down Agfa K machine) will not be available to us before it is reassembled. This target date is currently July. If everything goes well we can coat MCC in August and because we are optimistic this is the date we still see as our most current target.

Before we can ship the product it needs to dry down and stabilze.
    Then we will untdertake a coating-quality check and start converting the product with final quality inspection.

So as far as shipping the product out the earliest possible date would be mid September (coating date and shipping date are not the same).

In respect to MCP I have no good news. We wanted to bring MCP earlier than MCC as a contract coated material on a different machine operated by another company. But unfortunately the coating did not go well.
    The photographic characteristics of the paper produced are excellent (which means the emulsions were good) but there are visible coating defects on the final product.
    Currently we do not know exactly what went wrong mechanically in coating (after all itīs someone elses machine) and where exactly the problem is. All test runs were perfect. Depending on the complexity of this issue we might have to cancel the whole idea of contract coating and postpone the start of MCP to about the start of MCC.
    Fortunately this was only a small campaign so losses involved are not so bad.

This is not a final announcement in respect to MCP coming before MCC but currently I have no new earlier target date.

I will keep you updated on this as soon as more information becomes available.

If you have any further qustions feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Mirko
    Last edited by ADOX Fotoimpex; 04-01-2008 at 01:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    SNIP
    First of all I would like to ask all of you to value any date given as our target dates.

I will keep you updated on this as soon as more information becomes available.

If you have any further qustions feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Mirko
    end snip

Sometimes it is good enough to know there's a better day coming.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Osgood View Post
    end snip

Sometimes it is good enough to know there's a better day coming.
    Indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Mirko,

I realy like the idea of a MCP/MCC revival.
    If you need volunteers to test MCP then I'm available.

Best regards,

Rob

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=ADOX Fotoimpex;610446]In respect to the resurrection of MCC and MCP I would like to update you on a few things.

This is a rather complex project and there are many factors involved.

In the past we obtained test samples of Adox MCC 111. Is there any relationship between the properties of the test material and the final product? I doubt there is, because the test material was not made on the actual production machines.

Jed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jed,

in this announcement I was refering to MCP.
    What happened with the MCP has nothing to do with the MCC.
    In respect to MCC to timetable change has occured up to now and the production of MCC is not affected by what happened to the coating of MCP.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    In respect to the resurrection of MCC and MCP I would like to update you on a few things.

If everything goes well we can coat MCC in August and because we are optimistic this is the date we still see as our most current target.

Before we can ship the product it needs to dry down and stabilze.
    Mirko
    You wrote that MCC will be coated in August. How is it possible to sell it in June? Or is there a typo in your description of the situation?

Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format

What is the current status of mcc 111?

Mirko,

Do you have an approximate revised availability date of the mcc 111 paper in the US ?
    Thank you for bringing your products to market!
    gphoto120

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin