Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,640   Online: 956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Film and Developer

Mirko: Some of us on APUG would like to try the films and developers that Adox is now making. Without Adox having a US distributor, the choice of such materials is limited. Can you manage to organize a "bulk order" so that those who desire to try, for example, CHS 50 film in 4x5 and 120, and ADH 09 developer, can do so? Perhaps the materials can be sent to Freestyle, and then forwarded from them? Surely a cost effective solution can be found.

Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bulk shippments of APH09 / Rodinal

Dear Ed,

if you let either me or freestyle know what you want we will try to offer it through freestyle.
    They just started carrying the films but the parcel is still in transit.
    They also plan to carry APH09 because over here changes took place at the factory where Rodinal is made. The production is stopped and only one company will get the license to sell Rodinal under the Rodinal name from now on. So you can imagine what this will do to prices. We are working on a new and improoved version of APH09, probably be released under the name "ADONAL" soon. This developer will have the same strength and developing times as Rodinal by company XY.
    As for now we have a few thousand units of the very competitively priced old stock APH09 and all we need is a minimum demand of 200 bottles to organize a sea pallett of goods (it canīt go air) to the US.
    Freestyle will for sure be wlling to stock some of this quantity if they feel that there is demand for this product.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since I tried Rodinal I haven't been able to stop. I bought one of the last bottles that J&C had right after Agfa shut down production, and I use it at such a low dilution (1:100 for most film) that I haven't really had to start worrying about getting it. It would be really helpful to have a stable source. I'd be in for a couple bottles, and some 125ml amber glass bottles to decant it into.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    They just started carrying the films but the parcel is still in transit.
    Great news. Is this specific to the new films, or are they expanding their ADOX/Efke offerings generally?

My main interest is in getting more emulsions, particularly the slower ones, in 9x12cm and 2.25"x3.25". Actually, that's not true---my main interest is in trying *everything* without getting my wife too angry. But the sheet-film sizes will do for a start. :-)

Thanks

-NT

Thanks Mirko. I would like a few boxes of the 4x5 CHS 50. Is such film on the way to Freestyle?....Obviously, I cannot possibly use 200 bottles of the APH 09! What do you suggest in the interim? Can you arrange for a smaller shipment, or should we wait for the new formulation?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    .... also plan to carry APH09 because over here changes took place at the factory where Rodinal is made. The production is stopped and only one company will get the license to sell Rodinal under the Rodinal name from now on. So you can imagine what this will do to prices.
    There is nothing to worry about. I have directly asked the manufacturer. The production of all Agfa BW chemicals will be continued. There are furthermore several official statements from the new owner/manufacturer of the plant and the worldwide distributor concerning the continuation of the production. And it is enough stock around at all distribution partners. No price increases, no problems to buy the original Rodinal, Neutol, Sistan new, Agepon etc..

Regards,
    Michael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well Michael you are certainly rigth about that. There is plenty of stuff in the channel and in the ditributors warehouse. I have to admit that "the production is stopped" is kind of an unexact description as the finishing of final products is stopped and from now on only bulk product is sold to one company. But this wasnīt my main point. My main point was that from now on only one company is distributing Rodinal in itīs original Packing and because of that we all expect price increases.
    If they donīt happen: very good.

Mirko

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But this wasnīt my main point. My main point was that from now on only one company is distributing Rodinal in itīs original Packing and because of that we all expect price increases.
    If they donīt happen: very good.

Mirko
    But there are no changes. So far only one company has had the rights for worldwide distribution (with very fair prices), and this will remain in the future. So, nothing to worry about.

Regards,
    Michael

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Michael,

yes there is nothing to worry about. Who is worrying ?
    This thread is about the availability of APH09 in the US and I gave some background information why we plan to bring it out in the US again and why our partner is planing to distribute it.
    We are making plans based on assumptions and expectations to be prepared when changes come into effect.
    I think there is absolutely nothing to worry about an additional product beeing offered by freestyle- is there ?
    I donīt quite understand in which direction you want to turn this thread and why.

Best regards,

Mirko

Mirko: I just checked the latest Freestyle Catalog which arrived yesterday. No CHS 50 film in 4x5, and no ADH 09 developer are listed as for sale. Will such materials get to Freestyle soon?

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin