Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,629   Online: 849

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adox Display & Ortho CT

Dear Mirko,

I wan't to give Platinum/Palladium printing a try. Because I have small negatives I am searching for a way to create larger negatives.

I want to use my enlarger to print the original negative on film and than contact print the positive to get the new working negative.

While looking at the ADOX assortment I found to interesting products which may be used for what I want: Adox Display & Adox Ortho CT.

Can you please tell me which of these will give me the best results?
    And is it possible to use Orto for step 1 and Display for step 2?

Best regards,

Rob

Shooter
    Medium Format

ADOX ORTHO Films

the two ortho films differ in price and quality.
    While the economically priced display film is like a photopaper on a clear base, the ORTHO CT is actually a high resolution technical film but with a normal grade as opposed to most other technical films which feature an increased contrast.

So ideally you would use the CT for any type of negative contacting and the Display film to make enlargements onto.

Whether the ortho CT gives you superial results over the display film depends on the enlargement factor and grain of the original negative.

If you want to enlarge a 35mm negative of a medium or high speed film to 16x20 Inch the display film will give you probably as satisfying a result as the ORTHO CT would.

If we are talking 4x5" 25 ASA film enlarged to 8x10" I would take the CT film.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Mirko,

Thank you very much for this explanation. I was thinking about enlarging
    ADOX CMS 20 onto one of the products. I'll give the display variant a try first to see how far I can go.

Regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    35mm
    Mirko,

I have been trying to find a UK stockist of Display film. No-one (Silverprint, AG Photographic) seems able to supply. Is this film still available(?), who can I buy it from?

Regards,

Norman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin