Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,737   Online: 849

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MCP is back !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's good news! I will certainly try this paper once it becomes available. I used to use mostly MCC, but RC papers are more convenient to handle in my bathroom/darkroom.

Trond

Shooter
    Medium Format

MCC/MCP

Ian,

MCP and MCC are identical except for the base.
    Sofar we have not been offered contract coating capacity for fibre based products so the MCC unfortunately has to wait for the reassembly of the mooved Agfa coating machine. As this project is beyond the scope of the monochrome market we have to sit and wait patiently. Once it becomes available it will be used for it´s other purposes (whos investors also payed for it!) as well as for us to make black and white products.
    It is an ideal setup. Speeding up the reassembly cannot be done as there are already over 20 people busy with it.
    After having had to postpone dates given to me by engineers for three times I now have become stubborn, I won´t give any more dates ;-)
    Rather I will shout it out loud when the day has come.

Until then all of you keep asking if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko, compared to the grim days not so many months ago when Agfa pulled out of film & paper/photography, Ilford went into administration, followed by Kodak's sudden cessation of B&W paper manufacture and then Fort's closure, anything you bring back is welcomed by us all.

I'm at least a year away from exhausting my current stocks of Forte Polywarmtone & Agfa MCC and still have 100 or so sheets of Record rapid.

Hopefully you'll have MCC back before I run out

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko, I love ADOX's new Variotone
    paper. It seemed to me to have a
    look very much like Agfa MCC 111.
    Are they related in some way?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    MCP and MCC are identical except for the base.
    Mirko, the emulsion may have come out of the kettle identically, but the finished products were different sensitometrically, with MCC consistently having a longer toe than MCP throughout their respective lives as Agfa products. This is consistent with the characteristic curves provided by Agfa in the product data sheets.

I'm not complaining - both were among my favorite papers, and I'm delighted to see your progress in bringing them back. Many thanks for your work on this, and best wishes for continued success...

...Oren

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin