Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,646   Online: 1222

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Customers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UK Customers

Mirko, please could you clarify your company's policies with regard to UK based customers.

There are many UK photographers who would prefer to deal direct with Fotoimpex in Berlin rather than through a UK based stockist. I know from personal experience that delivery times from Berlin to the UK are excellent as I've received parcels from your company within 24-48 hours.

You sell a number of products that can't be found in the UK so you are an important potential supplier.

EU free trade laws mean that we have a right like photographers in other EU countries to buy from anywhere in the EU.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm very interested in the new Adox papers, but there are no suppliers in the UK currently advertising them!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Me too.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    35mm
    Like others I have never found that the U.K. stockists carried the same range. It was always a restricted range.

Mirko is missing an opportunity here.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well over a week later Mirko still hasn't bothered to clarify the position.

It would be interesting to see what the EU Consumer Affairs Commission would say on the companies attitude to UK customers which amounts to discrimination, which is illegal under EU law.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    are you sure he has read this thread?
    Maybe he has not answered because he missed the question....

alien

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps try selecting Weldweit for Worldwide when at the checkout. They may not like to advertise selling to the UK/Ireland but might ship anyway when you select worldwide.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you want foma or rollei paper you could try maco direct:

http://macodirect.de/

They have an English ordering page and take paypal as well as credit cards. Postage is calculated before you checkout so you can see what it will be.

I just ordered some papers that I could not get in the UK (2 boxes of 12x16) and postage was about £10. They were cheaper too on a lot of items than UK suppliers.
    Mark Tomlinson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we must assume from Mirko's silence on this matter that there's no longer a problem and Fotoimpex, Berlin, will quite happily post direct to the UK now.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ian, Garry,

I just saw this thread today.
    I was not aware that someone else could start a post here. I thought only I could do so and thus I did not check, because I had no new announcements to make.

We stopped shipping directly to the UK a few years ago because of royal mail problems and since then we send customers to our UK dealers.

If there is interest from UK customers to buy direct instead of from Silverprint or Retro we can ship direct. No problem. Just send us your order.

Kind regards,

Mirko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin