Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,147   Online: 1023

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    It would be nice to learn how far along the paper making process is now Wayne. I am hoping to use the paper to contact print my 8x10 negatives. I would like to comparte the new Polywarmtone with Lodima. Hence, I wonder if anyone here has used Amidol with the older version of the Polywarmtone paper. In addition, I am curious as to which developer those who are experienced with the paper have used in the past, and their comments concerning such developers. Thanks.

I also have registered for a few boxes of the paper.

I realy liked a phenidone version of Ansco 130, it gave wonderful gradation and cooled the image tone down to right where I like it. I've been printing on my last box of Fortezo this week. Tonight I discovered I have a box of Polywarmtone in the freezer that I didnt even know I had...not sure yet how much is left in it though...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Went up on the Polywarmtone site to day and there is a new update on the blog. Good news that progress is starting to be made again.

Thanks Mirko!!

"Update
    04-07-2011-19:41
    Unfortunately the whole construction in the factory was delayed due to more complicated than expected financing paperwork.
    But now things are cleared and construction is going on.
    Once we have the second story built in the middel hall, the cooling cycle is up and running and all darkroom blinds and safelights are installed the kettle could theoretically go live.

The only burden to take now is the silverprice to drop. At the current level making monochrome papers makes no sense but we are in good mood that it will keep dropping. "

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like much is going on with Polywarmtone again! I just came from the Adox FB page - the machine has been set and the walls are being tiled! This really does trump all the Kodak news in my mind!!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For PWT to come back would be a grand gift. Such an awesome paper.

I really thank you ADOX for bring back MCC. Incredible contribution and hard-work for all of us.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope this happens. It's a wonderful paper.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are there any dates on expected release? I can't wait to see this paper hit the stores. I used my last box a few months ago and really miss this beautiful paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes, I'm really looking forward to it as well. Never used it but I have heard so many good things....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    For PWT to come back would be a grand gift. Such an awesome paper.

I really thank you ADOX for bring back MCC. Incredible contribution and hard-work for all of us.
    +1 on MCC, great paper - even better than the Agfa version to my mind because I like the whiter base better.

I've never used Polywarmtone and right now use Ilford MGWT FB for my warm tone prints, and MCC 110 for my neutral ones. How does Polywarmtone compare to Ilford MGWT FB?

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polywarmtone has a warmer tone than MGWT and has a different and i believe a more straight curve than MGWT which has a fairy steep curve with a more pronouced shoulder. Polywarmtone is also easier to manipulate with different toners.
    MGWT is a great paper and i use it now that my Polywarmtone stach is gone but should we get Polywarmtone back and with the same characteristics i will switch back momentarily.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In addition to Polywarmtone Forte also made a graded paper named Fortezo which is very similar to Polywarmtone and i am lucky to have some left in grade 2 and 3

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin