Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,050   Online: 882

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Are there any dates on expected release? I can't wait to see this paper hit the stores. I used my last box a few months ago and really miss this beautiful paper.
    I wouldn't hope for it too soon. Just follow the blog

http://www.polywarmton.com/page5/page5.html

and register to buy some

http://www.polywarmton.com/English/register.php

This has been years in the making, and I would not expect anything soon. I'n guessing it will take a while to work the kinks out and there are probably still some hurdles ahead.

But I'm very happy to see progress! I'm down to less than a half box of Fortezo, and one partial pack of PWT in the freezer. I refuse to use it all until I know for sure more is coming.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    +1 on MCC, great paper - even better than the Agfa version to my mind because I like the whiter base better.

I've never used Polywarmtone and right now use Ilford MGWT FB for my warm tone prints, and MCC 110 for my neutral ones. How does Polywarmtone compare to Ilford MGWT FB?

PWT is very responsive to developers as well as toners. Truly wonderful, flexible stuff with the most pleaseing warm tone I've seen. I was never a warm tone liker until I tried it, and I fell in love with it I haven't used much MGWT but I didn't find it anywhere near as pleasing or flexible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    PWT is very responsive to developers as well as toners. Truly wonderful, flexible stuff with the most pleaseing warm tone I've seen. I was never a warm tone liker until I tried it, and I fell in love with it I haven't used much MGWT but I didn't find it anywhere near as pleasing or flexible.
    I was never a warm tone fan either, but I tried some and now keep finding subjects it fits.

I tone it in Brown Toner (the single solution brown, not bleach and redevelop sepia - that works great too but is more PITA to mix from powder with short life, where the brown toner is a liquid concentrate.) I get the Freestyle Arista brand toner - same as Kodak but Freestyle sells it in 8 oz bottles while Kodak now only sells it (or Champion, but whatever) in a gallon sized lifetime supply for something absurd like $250+. At any rate, based on Drew Wiley's advice I mixed it 1/4 strength, but now I'm mostly mixing it 1/8th strength. I don't generally want the really brown/sepia look, but I can get that easily enough at 1/4 strength and up. I mix it 1/8th strength, 1/8 oz in a quart of water. I tone generally for 20-30 seconds, remove from toner and immerse immediately in water bath, do not drain (or the running toner can streak.) If that's not enough back in the toner.

It took me a while because I was keeping the toner a day or two and the next day it works, but more slowly, the third day barely at all etc. It was just habit, the stuff is cheap enough. So I was confused at first. But once I figured it out, went to 1/8th the bottle recommended strength, I can control it and get what I want. Generally I just want to remove the green tone and give it a hint of warm brown. 20-30 seconds in 1/8th strength does that really nicely. If I want browner/warmer I can easily get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After using MCC for years I switched to Polywarmtone and it's just soo flexible in comparison. I could have switched to MGWT but at that point it had an off white creamy base which I didn't likle.

The only paper I found better than Polywarmtone is the long discontinued old version of Agfa Record Rapid before the Cadmium was removed from the emulsion.

This yera I'll finish my last stocks of Polywarmtone and will probably move to Foma papers.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bad news is good news in this case. Its up and running! Looking forward to hearing about try #2!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yup. Great news, indeed.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Polywarmtone : First trial coatings on a laboratory scale

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hurray! Is there any news about availability? Probably not, but asking never hurts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin