Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,032   Online: 777

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mirko you say in that blog:
    In order to proceed we had to make actual samples of finished emulsions (and not just greyscales).
    What do you mean by that?
    I mean, how can you make greyscales without a finished (well coated) emulsion?
    (Maybe it's obvious for anyone but me and I'm making a fool out of me...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I mean, how can you make greyscales without a finished (well coated) emulsion?
    Further on down the blog we show our small laboratory coating machine (Eichhörnchen).
    Eichhörnchen (squirrel) can coat two little stripes of 1,5 cm width and about 10 cm length with a gap in the middle.
    On these stripes we can place a dedicated stepwedge and expose/develop them.
    This was fine for recreating speed, contrast and gradation but is too small to make a real image.

As we are now aproaching questions like image tone, lithability, toning behaviour, overall impression, detail contrast etc. we need larger samples to make actual images.

Also the small machine is not set up to apply a supercoating.

Kind regards,

Mirko

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the clarification.

"Eichhörnchen"... funny. But quite fit for a company located outside the town.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't see any entry older then 3/11/2012 (just the entry page). There aren't any links to older pages. I tried with firefox, epiphany, chromium and konqueror in English and German. May be all use webkit as a rendering engine, I don't know. But it's certainly not working as intended.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "Eichhörnchen"... funny. But quite fit for a company located outside the town.
    "Eichhörnchen" is a genuine Leverkusen Expression given to the machines by the staff of Agfa ;-)
    We obviously had no reason to change it....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lithability - you are my hero, Mirko

I can already see myself buying a truckload full of PW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lithability..
    We are checking on this and have good faith that we´ll get the paper back to it´s old lith- behaviour.
    This involved investments in securing certain ingredients on our side. We have done this for about 5-8 years of production.
    Within this timeframe we need to source alternatives.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    "Eichhörnchen" is a genuine Leverkusen Expression given to the machines by the staff of Agfa ;-)
    We obviously had no reason to change it....
    Funny, I found that, out of all German words, one of the most difficult to pronounce. I would avoid it all costs when hiking in the forest as to not embarrass myself among my German friends.

The lithability of the paper, to me, is of utmost interest seeing as though Foma papers have changed. We have become very limited. This paper could potentially become the 1 stop shop paper for all my printing needs!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We're getting closer! Thank you Mirko!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    The lithability of the paper, to me, is of utmost interest seeing as though Foma papers have changed. We have become very limited. This paper could potentially become the 1 stop shop paper for all my printing needs!
    +1

Being lithable would be great. I used to use Foma as my default lith papers, but now not so sure.
    Mark Tomlinson
    Currently using Bronica RF645+65mm, Leica M6, Bessa R2a, Nokton LTM 50/1.5, Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2.8, Nikon 35mm SLRs.
    Join the lith printing forum at http://www.lithprinting.net/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin