Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,776   Online: 916
      
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 214
  1. #161
    ADOX Fotoimpex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich Drolshagen View Post
    I can't see any entry older then 3/11/2012 (just the entry page). There aren't any links to older pages. I tried with firefox, epiphany, chromium and konqueror in English and German. May be all use webkit as a rendering engine, I don't know. But it's certainly not working as intended.
    Thanks! Fixed!

  2. #162
    Roger Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Suburbs of Atlanta, GA USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,211
    Foma doesn't lith anymore? What is still available that does? I've not tried lith printing but thought I might some day.

  3. #163
    Klainmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,493
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Foma doesn't lith anymore? What is still available that does? I've not tried lith printing but thought I might some day.
    According to Rudman's newsletter. It doesn't quite lith the same, which I don't know what that means, but reports seem to indicate that the emulsion changed. Unfortunate, especially considering I was about to buy roughly $500 worth of it for a project. DOH!
    K.S. Klain

  4. #164

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South Norfolk, United Kingdom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,918
    Images
    66
    I read Tim Rudman's latest newsletter but perhaps didn't take in all the information. Does this mean it is not possible to work with conventional lith techniques with any current papers?

    Tom

  5. #165
    mrtoml's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    548
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I read Tim Rudman's latest newsletter but perhaps didn't take in all the information. Does this mean it is not possible to work with conventional lith techniques with any current papers?

    Tom
    Slavich papers are what I am going to try next. Tim Rudman suggests that unibrom is lithable. There is also a new lith paper being developed by a French? Company.

    I think it doesn't mean we can't lith, just that many papers now don't show true infectious development.
    Mark Tomlinson

  6. #166
    kb3lms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Reading, PA USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    739
    Images
    5
    Check out the latest polywarmtone information posted just yesterday.

    +1 for you guys at Adox!

    http://www.polywarmtone.com/Blog/Eng...82af21-12.html
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

  7. #167
    Barry S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DC Metro
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,264
    Images
    31
    This seems like a great effort, but is there an estimate for when the paper is going into production?

  8. #168
    ADOX Fotoimpex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry S View Post
    This seems like a great effort, but is there an estimate for when the paper is going into production?
    Itīs to early to give any estimates. Forte had a team of 14 engineers (4 of them with a doctors degree) and technicians and it took them about 4 years to create Polywarmtone. Due to the production stop and the disappearance of many ingredients we have to completely re-engineer the paper.
    Our financial resources are limited to the current market situation. Thus we can work on this project with limited capacity only.
    Given the conditions we work under we are actually pretty fast but itīs everything but easy to manufacture a film or paper and costs involved are much higher than most users think.

    In the blog entrys I have outlined what will be the next steps and I will keep everyone posted.


    Mirko

  9. #169
    Barry S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    DC Metro
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,264
    Images
    31
    Mirko-- Thanks for the update. I look forward to the day when the paper is available and appreciate the efforts of your team.


    Quote Originally Posted by ADOX Fotoimpex View Post
    Itīs to early to give any estimates. Forte had a team of 14 engineers (4 of them with a doctors degree) and technicians and it took them about 4 years to create Polywarmtone. Due to the production stop and the disappearance of many ingredients we have to completely re-engineer the paper.
    Our financial resources are limited to the current market situation. Thus we can work on this project with limited capacity only.
    Given the conditions we work under we are actually pretty fast but itīs everything but easy to manufacture a film or paper and costs involved are much higher than most users think.

    In the blog entrys I have outlined what will be the next steps and I will keep everyone posted.


    Mirko

  10. #170
    AndreasT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    355
    Well I am prepared to offer myself as cheap worker, at least I could make the coffee for the guys making the emusion.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin