Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,019   Online: 770

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718192021 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasT View Post
    Well I am prepared to offer myself as cheap worker, at least I could make the coffee for the guys making the emusion.
    ...or care for that cardboard machine.

"Es wird höflich ersucht die Maschine sehr rein zu halten und stets gut zu ölen.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I read Tim Rudman's latest newsletter but perhaps didn't take in all the information. Does this mean it is not possible to work with conventional lith techniques with any current papers?

Tom
    I made some lith prints today on Fomatone having an emulsion number of 063248. In Tim's latest update he states: "the gelatine change started from Fomatone (MG Classic 131 + 132) emulsion number 060848. So if I am interpreting his statement correctly, the paper I used is coated with the "new" gelatin. I can report that I am happy with the prints. I got the nice pinky highlights that I prefer, along with good shadow tones. The print may have developed in a more linear fashion as Tim suggested in his update; that is, the last minute of development may not have been as rapid as it was with earlier paper. That may not be an altogether bad thing if one is trying to make several matching prints from the same negative. Using the same developer, dilution, and old brown amount as in the past, development time was about the same. About the only difference that I could perceive was a lack of grittiness in the shadows.

If I am in fact using the new gelatin, Fomatone will continue to produce lith prints that satisfy me.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We have posted the latest news in the Polywarmtone blog.

http://polywarmtone.com/Blog/English.html

Mirko

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looks like good progress, would love to buy a lot of PW in 2014.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Great to hear Mirko!!! Nothing better to hear than a new analog product getting close to release! Hope the last few miles are flawless!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never used PWT (probably discontinued before my "time"--photographically speaking), but I have heard great things about it. I would certainly buy some 8x10 & 11x14.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the update Mirko. I'll be in the line for some of this paper when it is ready.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm new to making enlargements and I'm excited at the prospect that there are still new products being developed in this area.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm still using up some of my existing stocks, but I would love to be able to buy new. Then I could do all my work prints on PWT again. It was, and still is, my favorite paper.

Keep up the good work.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin